Silver #207 is a gorgeous 1922 Peace Dollar!

Thanks El Cheapo and WyoTom!

Had a break from work this afternoon so, with a friend (he uses an Ace 400) we headed to the ballfield. We did 3 hours of hunting, some areas of the outfield and sidelines were barren of any kind of target, while others had lots of modern coins. Nothing old was found, reinforcing my thought that the field had probably been detected many times in the past, and the the soil had been worked or turned over. Many of the clad quarters and dimes were 5-7" deep.

For you clad stabbers, I recovered 73 coins in 3 hrs, which is 24.33 CPH for a total of $9.45. Wish I could have found some shiny, but none was to be had. Of course, at current spot silver, I did find the equivalent of 8 silver dimes! Pic shows my clad finds for this afternoon.

Attachments

• coiner.jpg
    coiner.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 45
Thanks Dewsweeper - the coin actually looks even better in person, a real beauty!

Thanks pinheadken - happy to have found such a young one!

Thanks Tudraplugger - your coins, esp the Indians you find, sure look good too!

Just HEMORRHAGING silver over here....pretty good problem to have! Big PROPS on all of it Shiny,you are WAY in tune with how this is done. I’d love to find a Peace dollar just because it’s like the Mercs big sister! Big sis just continues to elude my shovel though,so on we go!:grin:

Thanks Vermonster, happy to have found that coin in a hunted out field!

Thanks IDXmonster - and congrats on your outstanding silver totals and Morgan dollar!

Thanks Big Treble, appreciate the kind words!

Congrats on the finds, but especially on the big Peace Dollar! :woot: It's in amazing condition, too. :D

I'm picturing you like this little guy: :detector:

Back
Top Bottom