• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lesche digger vs shovel

I never refer to my Hori-Hori as a knife. I always call it a landscaping tool. How many knives have you seen with depth readings etched on them?

Your right, but for your average person from 20 feet away there's no telling hat they think. Shoot people have already mistaken our detectors as guns. A ranger rolls up on a " man with knife" call might make for an interesting morning.

[eQUOTE=shedncoin;2672530]Your right, but for your average person from 20 feet away there's no telling hat they think. Shoot people have already mistaken our detectors as guns. A ranger rolls up on a " man with knife" call might make for an interesting morning.[/QUOTE]

The only ones that you have to worry about are park workers and police officers. A police officer drove past in a park as I was putting my Hori-Hori knife on my belt. He backed up and looked at me. seeing my detector he said, "I was going to say that's an awfully big knife but I see what you're doing." He wished me luck and drove on. I don't wave it around and I don't hunt where there are kids or a lot of people gathered. I only take it out to retrieve a find. I have never had anyone say anything about it. People are more interested in your detector that what you are digging with.

I find that I can be discrete by wrapping my 18" Sampson in the golf towel I carry in parks to put the dirt spoils on for the cleanest possible holes without a trace of dirt on the grass. I just carry it in my non swing hand. Others might say laying a towel down and dumping all the dirt back in is more time and less digging but I try and give zero excuse to be allowed back.

Anywhere that I can use a long handled shovel, thats what I prefer. So much quicker in this tough dirt. With the Hip-Clip attached its easy to carry too.

Back
Top Bottom