Getting near the poles?

Swampy459

Hey,

When doing tot lots, if I get my prizm 5G within about two feet of a pole from a slide or swings or monkey bars it will start beeping.

I was sitting here thinking that I'm missing out on some stuff near those things.

Yes, I could get on the ground with my pinpointer and get a little closer.

Would it work to say ... turn the detector off, place the coil about 6 inches from the pole, then turn it on... would that detune the pole out and allow me to get closer to that pole?

Thanks
Chad

Try a smaller coil Im sure whites has a 4x6 shooter for prizms. I used to own a model 6T and I had a shooter coil helped alot through the trash and close to poles and such that you encounter.

Yep, smaller coil...sniper coils...could also try lowering your sensitivity...

ive also found that going slower near the poles allows you to be able to get closer to them while still allowing you to find targets underneath your coil

Try this:

When you get near a pole use your foot, and maybe even your digging tool to push the wood chips, sand, or whatever away from the pole and then detect the material.

HH!!!!

Midnight - good tip !

I can get within 2-3 inches of most poles with my 8 inch Fisher. I sure do find a lot of things there as others must be passing on them. If you cannot get close then try a smaller coil like others have said. Steve in so az

I always get nice tones near large tot lot metal...fences too.
As stated, lower sensitivity does help, a little.
Smaller coils help a lot!

I am starting to get pretty good picking out the real tones from the false ones if they are there, but not always.

I have crawled under, around and through every piece of equipment in every tot lot I have ever hunted...scanning with the detector when I can, using the Propointer in areas where I couldn't.
Always will... at a new site, anyway.

That detuning thing works pretty good on the Propointer if you want to find targets as close to the big metal as possible.

Doesn't seem to work too good with either of my detectors.
Huge metal just overloads them, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom