This was a pleasant surprise!

BuscaPlata

Forum Supporter
Went out yesterday to a park where they play disc golf and found the usual clad and junk and managed to hit another junk ring and a nice spinner ring, still looking for my first silver or gold ring. So as I was getting ready to leave this place on account of the Frisbee players were acomin down my lane and I had to get outa the way. I had a solid 44 on my 705 at about 8" deep, boy was I surprised when I saw this 1968 Kennedy half looking so shiny an all. Can't believe a clad coin can come out that clean.Anyway had a great time found 2 more rings even though they are not the real thing, and I found another one today so I know
I'm on the right track, just a matter of time. That Kennedy half with a D mintmark is the one that really made my day. HH

Attachments

• 100_7085.jpg
    100_7085.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 329
  • 100_7090.jpg
    100_7090.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 305
  • 100_7097.jpg
    100_7097.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 302
That Kennedy is so clean because it is 40% silver! Not clad! Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great finds!
That penny ring is very cool.
I hunt a couple disc golf courses.
Always pays to circle the baskets tee pads and any bench you find.

Noah

Nice assortment of finds. It seems you cleaned the area out pretty good!

I'm still expecting to find pre 1964 silver there, There is still a lot of territory there to hunt but have to get there pretty early before the Frisbee guys get there and this guys are diehards let me tell you, just as bad as us brothers of the coil, they are there in the snow 30 degree weather even.

Great finds!
That penny ring is very cool.
I hunt a couple disc golf courses.
Always pays to circle the baskets tee pads and any bench you find.

Noah

Thanks TZ I haven't had a chance to do around the baskets yet, those players are always there and its very hard to get in between those flying disc, I just need to get there very early or just before dark.

Back
Top Bottom