Need advice on an upgrade

Matt Is Bogus

I currently own a Minelab Xterra 305. I have owned it for roughly 4 years and have gotten pretty familiar with the machine, however I am looking to upgrade and I would appreciate someone with more experience to suggest some possible upgrade options.

I would like to trade in or sell the 305 towards the upgrade so if possible please factor that into yiur decision.

My budget is roughly 500-550 (that's factored in with the 305 trade/sell)

I have my eyes set on the AT Pro, but I am open to all suggestions within my price range.

Thanks for your time!

You're going to get a lot of varying opinions ..so buckle up.

I've had and like the ATPro and i still think it's a good machine (I'd get the 5x8 Coil also)
Fisher F70 or Teknetics T2 are also in that range and I like them also.

Sort of comes down to preference and somewhat to if you're coin hunting or relic hunting ..or both.

Last edited:
All good machines,at pro,xterra 705,f70,t2.

I don't think your gonna find much with one the other would miss.I stated a few that weren't in your original post just for diversity..What do you want in a machine,that's where the features differ on all of those,,but they're all great machines.

I do not approve of your username, but I would strongly recommend the AT PRO.
You will find everything there is to find to at least 5" deep:yes:

upgrade

The AT pro is a good all around machine. If you plan on hunting in water and land its hard to beat for the money. Give me a shout if I can help you out.

@matmit

It means no disrespect, I don't approve of it much myself, it's sort of a nickname high school friends gave me years back and I just use it as a handle on forums.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I'm looking for something that is well rounded in almost any application which is why I focused on the ATP. There is so much information on that machine alone, and I hardly ever see any complaints from it.

I just want something that is an improvement to what I have now. The 305 is all I have ever owned so I can't compare to anything, and when I search for info on the 305 it seems it's not very popular and not many people swinging it.

Again thank you, I will take everyone's consideration when I decide to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom