Went on a road trip!

gseuser

Elite Member
Went to Iowa and Illinois for a detecting spring break road trip! Started at an old park in Illinois and found that 1815-1821 Infantry button and was ECSTATIC! Love old military stuff.

Then we went door knocking and not a lot of people were home but the ones that were we got a no. One guy said we can't hunt the house but he has a field where a schoolhouse sat and we could go there. So we did and my friend Paul found a wiped trime!!

Well we knocked on the door and this guy about a house down and on the other side of the street shouted to us "you need to knock hard she's hard of hearing!" So we did and no answer still, so we decided to go talk to the guy who was talking to us down the street. So we went down there and asked him for permission cause his yard was small but house old enough, and he said we can do his yard and told us to go across he street and detect her house too saying "she won't care at all I've known her since I was in diapers" so we were like "are you sure about that??" And he said yes she's really nice and won't care. So we hit his yard and it wasn't too big there was one wheat so we moved across the street and we just started swinging. Paul pulled an 1888 IHP almost immediately and then like within 2 minutes I found that 1896?. And it's weird because every Indian him and I have ever found is he finds one and I always find one within like 2 mins and thats happened for years. So anyway I pull that and then paul turns around and says "you're really gonna hate me now" and he got a 45 GW so yet again my white whale. So then I pull a 1883 IHP. I was racing again the clock trying to find something before Paul got too much stuff lol. So then I see this REALLY old lady walking across the walkway then she noticed Paul and said "what are you doing to my yard?" and I so I was like "oh we're in trouble now" but then Paul said the guy across the street (his name was Chad or Shad) said we could come here and apparently that guy and her have like the best relationship so she was like "ohh come here I want to meet you guys!" And so then we talked to her for like a solid hour and she said a prayer with us and told us about history and she was so glad we were going into history for college and she said we can do whatever we want there.

Yard was totally virgin! I found an 1896?, 1883, 1865, 1881, and 1889 IHP, Paul found a 45 GW a 1918?D SLQ and an 1888 and 1904 IHP at this house. It was a great trip!

Heres the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyyJkdciN-c&t=1s

Attachments

• everything.jpg
    everything.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 177
  • button close up.jpg
    button close up.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IHP and button.jpg
    IHP and button.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 178
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 183
What a Great Adventure! How cool is this! Thanks for the post! Its a real good thing when an old person prays for ya...thats something specially powerful right there...

Last edited:
Killer finds! The Trime is my holy grail!! You guys are braver than me lol I would have never hunted that yard without talking to the owner lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom