• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Metal detector under 900$, EU

garrett53

Hey guys.

I am looking to buy a metal detector, and need a second hand opinion.
As far as my research goes, I can afford (maximum budget) AT pro + pro-pointer AT or...
That's the question. I really like the AT pro, but I don't need a fully waterproof detector, or salt water proof. I only plan on river scans so waterproof coil is all I really need. I am aiming mainly for coins/relics and gold nuggets. I live in area that use to have gold mines, so gold nuggets are somewhat an option. Here are some other options that I found available:

- RUTUS Alter 71 DD28cm (Polish)
- MINELAB X-TERRA 705 9" 7,5kHz
- Fisher F5 11DD
- MAKRO RACER 2
- TEKNETICS T2 CLASSIC
- XP Deus WS5, 28cm coil
- MINELAB SAFARI
- Armand Dominator 3 (Polish)
- NOKTA FORS RELIC

And that's it. I want a new detector because of the warranty, also if I would get a cheaper one from those mentioned I could afford a pro-pointer. I live in Poland so those Polish ones are also an option. I wan't to know what is worth spending more or what is not worth spending more. Or if any of those is much better than others in some way or for some specific hunts. Thanks in advance.

Don't know anything about the detectors from Poland but here is what I am going to recommend.
T2-excellent detector for coins and relics. Love this machine. Don't know about gold but I have pulled gold rings with it.

Safari- excellent coin machine, but the weight of the FBS machines is too draining.

You might look at the new Nokta Impact. It is around $900.00 US. You can change frequencies from low to high on it and from what I have seen gets deep.

Deus. Also changes frequencies but I have a friend who has one and I out hunt him almost everytime. It is very light though.

You may want to see if you can find something like a Tesoro Lobo. Decent on coins, relics and gold.
It all depends, to me, on how much time may be spent coin/relic versus gold.
The AT Pro is excellent all around too.
If there are any detecting clubs in Poland you may see what the members are using.
Hope this helps.

Don't know anything about the detectors from Poland but here is what I am going to recommend.
T2-excellent detector for coins and relics. Love this machine. Don't know about gold but I have pulled gold rings with it.

Safari- excellent coin machine, but the weight of the FBS machines is too draining.

You might look at the new Nokta Impact. It is around $900.00 US. You can change frequencies from low to high on it and from what I have seen gets deep.

Deus. Also changes frequencies but I have a friend who has one and I out hunt him almost everytime. It is very light though.

You may want to see if you can find something like a Tesoro Lobo. Decent on coins, relics and gold.
If there are any detecting clubs in Poland you may see what the members are using.
Hope this helps.

Nokta Impact will be released somewhat next month, and is my max price cap. So if I would buy it I would have to be without a pro-pointer. Looks superior, firmware updates makes it a bit better long term choice. Would it be a better choice over at pro + pro-pointer? Thanks for replies.

Hope this helps.

As far as I can see, T2 has 5 year warranty what is neat. I can afford Nokta Impact PRO PACKAGE. Question is: is it worth to wait and buy Impact over T2 + pro-pointer?

Last edited:
Waiting or not for the Nokta will be up to you. The T2 is an excellent buy. I hope to try that Nokta one day but for now my T2 is my first detector in the car.

Back
Top Bottom