• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Where no detector has gone before. (Pictures)

Old mines make me nervous. I don't trust anything man made.

Natural caves are very exciting though. If you haven't already been to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky I'd really push that you go and experience it. Who knows you may get bitten by the spelunking bug.

looks like it would be exciting..and the bugs don't bother me so much..but the Claustrophobic conditions..well thats it for me.

Thanks for the great pics and can't wait to see more from other trips as well.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

:D

Looks like a double infinity symbol, or a celtic infinity symbol. May date back further. Haven't seen one with the dots inside each circle though. Interesting...

I think it says 'James H Redman; this _____ 31 day of; July 1864'.

Anyone know of any books that explain old symbols or maybe know someone that would know what this means?

Anyone know of any books that explain old symbols or maybe know someone that would know what this means?

Ancient prophesy foretelling of the interstate highway system.

Knights Of the Golden Circle jargen? Like the Jesse James stuff they found. Your in the right part of the world. Just a thought

I did a little digging on wikipedia

Looks like a double infinity symbol, or a celtic infinity symbol. May date back further. Haven't seen one with the dots inside each circle though. Interesting...

"One main goal of the alchemists was to produce gold from other substances, such as lead — presumably by the interaction with a mythical substance called the philosopher's stone. Although they never succeeded in this attempt, the alchemists promoted an interest in what can be done with substances, and this laid a foundation for today's chemistry. Their symbol for gold was the circle with a point at its center (☉), which was also the astrological symbol and the ancient Chinese character for the Sun. For modern creation of artificial gold by neutron capture, see gold synthesis."

Probably not an indication of gold, but..............
HH,
John Morton

Looks to me like the start of another NATIONAL TREASURE...LOL

William

looks like butterflies..... I heard when I was a kid growing up it Knoxville that there were tunnels running under down town K-town.. with possible entrances via The Tennessee & Rivera theaters. Do you know anything about those tunnels?

I don't know about Knoxville, but I have a cave on my land in Greenback that is suppose to be part of the underground railroad. Don't think I'm not going down there as soon as I get my MD!

The scariest picture from the OP was that cave cricket. Those things give me the creeps!

Hey, Greenback isn't that far from here. Maybe we can get together and see what's in there. Around the mouth of the cave is a good place to check since you have to get down and crawl into most of them. People lose all kinds of stuff over the years.

Back
Top Bottom