• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Diamonds and Gold

Nice ring!!! Congrats for sure. The ring I found in my avatar had a similar cut...total 54 diamonds in it but was only worth about 2K. Still though, thats pretty good in my book.

A jeweler friend that can sell it on commission says he would price it for around $2000 and my cut would be $1200.

Sounds like I'm doing all the work and the jeweler is getting the riches.
But, $1200 isn't bad for something I found in the water.

If you can pull $1200 for that ring, you should TAKE IT and celebrate!! That's a phenomenal return.

And as for the dealer taking their cut... remember that they pay taxes, have to carry the inventory, the cost of the store, and they're the ones with the clientel. If I could get 60% of near-retail value of rings, I'd be tossing them ALL at dealers.

Skippy

Sadly those are hard to move unless they are Vera Wang or some other famous brand. Even then expect to get 20% of a reasonable evaluation. We visit jewelers all the time with diamond finds. Ask what they go for and you get the 10 grand figure. Ask if they want to buy a 10 grand ring and they won't offer over 400 bucks. Nice find though. Stinks if they get hit with a scoop.

If I ding it , I take out the diamond. I'm keeping them and 1 day I'll make a massive diamond ring.

Back
Top Bottom