Gold #14 + Silver

Joshc214

Managed to get in a few more hunts in the past couple of days... most of the beaches I went to were completely sanded in, however, I still spent a good 7 hours working each section out in the water hoping for some recent drops.

At the very end of the 2nd day after around 6 hours of hunting I was about to call it a day when I came across a nice low tone, hitting around a 10-11 on Nox. After two attempts I pulled up my scoop and saw the Jesus anchor pendant (marked 14k) :D My adrenaline kicked back in after this and I spent another hour working the coastline.

At around 1pm I was walking back down the beach exhausted again (it was 96 degrees) and this lady came running up to me telling me her friend lost a gold earring. I told her I was exhausted but I'd give it a shot anyways. Luckily she knew exactly where she lost it and put me basically right on top of the target. As soon as I put my coil in the water I hit a solid low tone reading at a 6 and pulled it up. The owner was ecstatic after the find and we ended up having a photo taken... forgot to get her to send it to me.

The silver ring (marked AR 94) was found on another beach.. I've been hitting the same area I found the 14k 17 gram ring. There are still plenty of heavy targets coming up, but I only managed to get the silver ring this time around. After some research I found it was manufactured by an Italian silversmithe back in 1968... perhaps the owner recently lost it and it hadn't been down there for long, but I get a feeling many of the items I'm finding are fairly dated, especially the 17 gram ring and silver necklace. I'll be making a few more trips back there in the near future :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 448
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 408
I wear a similar one of those pendants. It's called a mariner's cross or fisherman's cross. Mine appears to be a bit smaller though.

Cliff

:dingding:Congrats on scoring with these terrible conditions we've had! I've been out 3X for about 13+ hours in the last week. Flat surfs but just nothing out there to work. I got a tungsten off a sandbar Friday. Really dismal amount of targets. You're doing good.

I wear a similar one of those pendants. It's called a mariner's cross or fisherman's cross. Mine appears to be a bit smaller though.

Cliff

Ah ok, that's what its called, I'd been wanting to find one of those for some time now...

After I found it I dug every blip of a signal within 20ft of it, couldn't find the chain. I'm guessing it was a decent sized rope styled chain.

:dingding:Congrats on scoring with these terrible conditions we've had! I've been out 3X for about 13+ hours in the last week. Flat surfs but just nothing out there to work. I got a tungsten off a sandbar Friday. Really dismal amount of targets. You're doing good.

Thanks Felix! You're right about the conditions, my headphones have mostly been dead silent except for the random pop top or bottle cap. I went again this morning and only found a couple dimes... I think I may give it a break for a few days.

Dang that is big! NICE!!

I wish I found the chain, by the size of the bail the chain was probably at least 30+ grams of 14k. The bail was still intact so I'm guessing the chain broke at the clasp.

Congrats! That's a sweet lookin mariners cross!

Thanks Slim!

Very nice finds Josh. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, hopefully you've been doing well yourself! With how hot its been lately things should start picking up...

Beautiful...

Beats that gold crown pendant I found lol Might actually wear this one.

Wow that’s a sweet pendant! Congrats!

Thanks GroundSweeper!

Thats an awesome find, very nice and congrats.

Thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom