Minelab equinox 600 has a great deal

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Minelab has a great bundle deal going for the equinox 600,,you get a free 6 inch coil with your purchase! That’s a great deal if somone was thinking about buying one..

I just bought a new AT Pro a few days ago, it should be here Thursday, I wanted a good backup for the Equinox (currently in for repair) that wasn't another Equinox, but if I saw this deal a few days ago I would have bought it instead of the Pro. I'm happy it worked out this way cause I'm looking forward to trying out the AT Pro but that really is a good deal on the 600.

I have a hard time putting the 6” coil on. I know it has its place but I’d rather have a 15” - $$$, will keep the 6 because I have it but that is a nice deal.

Oooh, tempting to cancel Simplex order and get this but it's a little too much still. Would rather not have the coil and have $100 off though. Lol

Last edited:
Well Woody, are you thinking about giving the Equinox another try? Huh ? I know they toned down the backlite, I remember you didn't care for it on the last one. Just my thoughts but go for the 800 if you do. From reading your posts I think a guy like you would appreciate all the tweaking you can do on the 800. Just sayin. HH Mark

Well Woody, are you thinking about giving the Equinox another try? Huh ? I know they toned down the backlite, I remember you didn't care for it on the last one. Just my thoughts but go for the 800 if you do. From reading your posts I think a guy like you would appreciate all the tweaking you can do on the 800. Just sayin. HH Mark

Did they really tone down that backlight? I never heard about that..Its just a great deal with the 6 inch coil I thought I'd share it for people who don't know about it.
As for getting one I'm actually tempted, I wasn't gonna pay $170 for a 6 inch coil although I really wanted to try one when I Had the 600..

Pete, IMO the 6 on the Nox is amazing. I have tried a ton of small coils through the years and I can honestly say this is the first 6" coil I really like AND it has nothing to do with separation. My complaint using a small coil is the obvious, DEPTH. They will all nail a wheat or dime at 5 inches, its after that it starts getting sketchy. I consistently hit 7 inch wheat and dimes with the 6 incher!
I would get one!
Jer

They did

Did they really tone down that backlight? I never heard about that..Its just a great deal with the 6 inch coil I thought I'd share it for people who don't know about it.
As for getting one I'm actually tempted, I wasn't gonna pay $170 for a 6 inch coil although I really wanted to try one when I Had the 600..
Yes they did add a soft setting and also added a new iron bias setting on the most recent upgrade. Good luck Mark

I am going to sound like an old grumpy man here with only negative comments, but here it goes.

The stock coil can handle 95 percent of the detecting duties. I don't care if you are hunting iron or not. The stock can can handle it. The 6 inch coil offers very little in return value. The days of the small coil offering an edge are over. The Equinox was and is set up to perform with the stock coil.

yes i have heard this from experienced users in the field.no one is really saying WHY this is, but based on guys experiences, it apparently is fact.if i was a betting man,i would venture to say it's got something to do with "multi-freak" so the edge is lost in junked out sites, because the 11" coil can "snipe" as well as the 6" coil...what i am reading!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I am going to sound like an old grumpy man here with only negative comments, but here it goes.

The stock coil can handle 95 percent of the detecting duties. I don't care if you are hunting iron or not. The stock can can handle it. The 6 inch coil offers very little in return value. The days of the small coil offering an edge are over. The Equinox was and is set up to perform with the stock coil.

I agree fully with perhaps one situation, that I’m not yet sure if it matters or not, tot-lots. I’ve not had the patience to test the 6” at tot-lots, but so far miss, and may go back to, my compadre(s) for tot lots and even modern soccer field sideline hunting. If I was looking for deeper old silver coins or at the ocean I’d of course be in a good position with the Nox.

You can usually work a deal with a sponsor on the phone for a better price. No secret there. With the coil included they tend to stick with the advertised price.

Back
Top Bottom