is this true?? and making the bounty hunter better

Coin_Master

Moved On
i was reading on the webernet that that first texas products, who makes bounty hunter, bought out fisher detectors. And that newer fisher F4 coil will fit right on a bounty hunter! By my understanding a metal detector is like a radio, for a radio to tune well it has to have a good antenna, so a better coil would make the BH do better, right?
so....

1. Will a fisher coil fit?
2. Is it true keeping the cord wrapped arround the stem tightly will improve performance
3. This dectector is great for depth and target id, but stinks at pinpointing, am i better off sticking to what i have, or buying a better detector? im just looking for something that will find coins deep, and will tune out trash.

i was reading on the webernet that that first texas products, who makes bounty hunter, bought out fisher detectors. And that newer fisher F4 coil will fit right on a bounty hunter! By my understanding a metal detector is like a radio, for a radio to tune well it has to have a good antenna, so a better coil would make the BH do better, right?
so....

1. Will a fisher coil fit?
2. Is it true keeping the cord wrapped arround the stem tightly will improve performance
3. This dectector is great for depth and target id, but stinks at pinpointing, am i better off sticking to what i have, or buying a better detector? im just looking for something that will find coins deep, and will tune out trash.

Even though a coil may "fit", it doesn't mean a "better" coil will work better on a detector it wasn't designed for. There are many electrical parameters that need to be taken into consideration to produce a good working coil-detector pair.

Back
Top Bottom