Is the Fisher F75 fast?

Thanks for posting that.That looks and acts a lot like the T2, Dave Johnson designed them both. It has taken me some getting used to how many targets I see and how quickly. I admit it was a little overwhelming for a beginner like myself. However now that I am starting to get more used to the T2 I am really liking it a lot, it is a great detector. I can't wait until I really learn all about it and all that it is capable of.

Not a real world test...

Come on, that simply looks like a promo ad for a F75, and repeating the swing over and over and over and.....:roll:

Put some nails, tabs, screw caps and such amongst a "random" coin pattern and redo. That would be interesting.

I'm all for standardized tests using different detectors on the same ground plots and note the different responses. Are there any out there???

Yes the f75 is very fast . I have a e-trac and it is not as half a fast as the f75. All so it will go deeper then the e-trac. I have hunted in spots where it was very trashy with the f75 and could not hunt with the e-trac, it just nulls.

I've asked this before, but why isn't the F75 as popular, as say, some of the other brands if it out performs them?

Just curious. I'm about to buy either the E-Trac or V3, but if another detector out performs them, I might rethink my purchase.

Last edited:
Oh crapPpPp, I didn't want to start anything. I saw this video and just thought I would put it up for others to see. Nobody has to run out and buy one, and there is no best detector. Ya'll play nice now.:roll:

iron is like kryptonite to the F75....run its coil over iron infested ground and it'll drive you nuts{more so than most machines}. now with the smaller coil the F75 is just awesome and very pleasant to hunt with. the F75 is very quick but if you dont learn how to listen past all the chatter you'll want to throw it into incoming traffic.

Regton - Norfolk Wolf and his tests

I just don't approve of his manner of testing.

He doesn't use the best recommended settings with the detectors he checks.

We all know that with a perticular detector model, there is ITS own proper setup to use in the presence of iron. he doesn't use these proper settings.

And there is not a UNIVERSAL sweep speed, again, it depends of the model and the ground condition and trash condition and coil.

You have to take a hollistic approach when considering performance of a metal detector.

Norfolk Wolf's test should be avoided to base ones appreciation of a detector model.

I much prefer to have Jack, LowJiber, Detector, Angellionel explain how a certain model of detector fares as they have that hollistic approach when evaluating.

Back
Top Bottom