Finding gold with a F2

obx338

I have been using my F2 since the start of 2009, I don,t seem to have issues finding clad, but thats all I seem to find I have been to several tot lots and schools and not one piece of jewelry no gold or silver at all. Does anyone know what number to look for on the screen I know my ring comes up at 29. I have read on here to dig it all, but if you came to my schools and tot lots you would see why I don't dig it all. I don't think they believe in trash cans here, but I do dig all nickle numbers. Thanks

Not sure what the numbers are on the F2, but silver jewelry, depending on size, will show up in the same area as silver/clad coins would. Gold jewlery is a bit tougher. The majority of it will come in at the same numbers as common pulltabs, foil etc. Best thing to do is to get a handle on where the common pulltabs and other junk fall on the number scale for your area and then dig everything else that comes up outside of that range. Saves some digging and you might get lucky.

Whiel some people go on a tear oncein a while finding jewlery in the tot lots, it is not super common to find stuff like that. So, try not to get too discouraged about not finding the rings and things.

Dave

I hate to tell you but if your not digging most all signals then that is probably why your missing the gold and silver . Gold can pop up anywhere from 0 to about 50 depending on your type of machine it all depends on shape and size and content of gold in the target also the depth will figure in there too . Silver on the other hand can be any place from 50 to 94 depending on what its content is and size and shape and depth. It is possible to pop up as a coin number but odds are alot slimmer of that happen if your not digging everything . There is no one number for gold or silver you can go by sorry .
If you want to move your odds of digging Gold or Silver from 10% to 100% you have to dig it all .

Harold

Tot lot digging is pretty easy... if you aren't up for digging it all in tot lots you might have to be happy just digging clad! As everyone has mentioned, smaller gold falls in with foil and larger gold and silver items fall between nickels and cruddy zinc pennies. There is no set number on any detector for gold as size comes into play as well. Good luck!

I can say that just because your not finding gold doesnt mean your doing something wrong, or your not using your machine right.

In tot lots, gold jewelry isnt all that abundant. I mean it can be found there, but its not the best spot to look.

As for what your machine will read gold as or what number you will see, the best way is to just take a piece of gold jewelry and run you detector over it. You can even bury it a little but if you want to.

Ive been detecting for almost 2 years and havent seen any gold at all so far. I dont think Im doing anything wrong, Im just not hunting the places where it has been dropped, or someone has gotten to it before I have.

Just keep at it, good luck

-Kyle

Back
Top Bottom