Got Hard Cider?

metalwrkr

Bottled up 5 gal of hard cider yesterday. Still 5 more gals to do. This batch is sweet and apply and carbonated with around 8-10% alcohol. Went a little wild with the extra sugar before the fermentation. Actually tastes very good with a little alcohol bite. Next batch will be drier. I like mine drier and the Wiff likes sweet and apply. The sweeter one is good over ice in the summer. I have been racking the fermented cider into a poly bucket and using a wine conditioner to prevent all further fermentation. Add frozen apple cider concentrate and a bit of sugar to taste. I then force carbonate slowly at 15 psi for about 10 days in a Corny keg. I use a beer gun to fill the bottles and cap immediately. Label and leave it for summer if you can wait. RK

Attachments

• bottledcider.jpg
    bottledcider.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 114
We call hard cider moonshine here. Lol

And if you drink enough of it, don't expect to be seeing many moons.

They've got stuff around here they're calling Apple pie. But it's a lot more alcohol content. Think 100 proof + alcohol content. The women love it , till the next morning . We call it panty dropper. A good batch is smooth and will sneak up on ya. Goid times had by all. :laughing:

Friend gave me a quart of apple pie a week ago, still have some of it lol, kinda mild for my tastes.

Uncle makes hard cider and ages with whiskey...gave me a litre on my 40th birthday party, I drank it all and omg, had a two-day hangover, wife thought I was
dead...no drinking problem here...drink, fall down...no problem.

I did rack 3 gallons of peach wine 'cause i had a bumper crop of peaches this year. Really dry...not much of a wine drinker so I'm giving most away, first time I made wine and it's about 12-14% APV.

Friend gave me a quart of apple pie a week ago, still have some of it lol, kinda mild for my tastes.

Uncle makes hard cider and ages with whiskey...gave me a litre on my 40th birthday party, I drank it all and omg, had a two-day hangover, wife thought I was
dead...no drinking problem here...drink, fall down...no problem.

I did rack 3 gallons of peach wine 'cause i had a bumper crop of peaches this year. Really dry...not much of a wine drinker so I'm giving most away, first time I made wine and it's about 12-14% APV.

Hangovers only happen if you sober up,,,,:laughing:

Quick hard drink

A good quick hard drink or mock hard cider can be made by mixing a gal of rough cider and a pint of vodka. It will sneak up on you though! RK

Back
Top Bottom