What do you do when you can't detect?

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
I envy you living in areas where you can hunt 365 days a year. Living in the mid-west we have seasonal hunting. We have been lucky this year as I was still able to go hunting yesterday. Had to dress up like an Eskimo, but I went hunting. Generally from October to April the ground is too hard to recover so hunting is limited to tot lotting. During this time I get cabin fever big time so I have other hobbies to keep me busy. Some are pretty crazy. What about you?

Here is one of mine.

I don't sing.

But do hunt using firearms and archery equipment.

Cut wood for exercise. And take some of it to needy Seniors to heat their homes, at no charge.

Might even do a little scouting looking for some places to detect.

And naturally take part on detecting forums.

I really like this subsection of the forum.

I think it allows folks to show a broader perspective on who they really are, their interest, and their perspective.

Thanks for sharing.

Snowmobiling, rabbit hunting, web surfing, roll hunting, spending money and hibernating! I also work outside year round, I just love the zero-degree winters!:cool:

I hunt year 'round. Sometimes with a detector, and other times with weapons. During the extreme cold I generally hunt for someplace warm to be.

I make my living outdoors, and there's no place I'd rather be most of the time. When I can't be swinging a detector I spend a lot of time shooting as long as it's not raining or snowing and blowing (like it is today). On days like that I spend time splitting wood (in the barn) or working on firearms indoors. I'll do a little of both today ahead of sub-zero temps and tomorrow's scheduled arrival of a major component for a current assembly project.

:research: time for research,
looking at some of the records that I keep,
and looking at historical books & photos & maps,
comparing with earth google.
Try to contact property owners for permission.

Go out Coin star machine hunting :lol:
Get on the forum here, sulking an make smart-aleck comments :laughing:

Also, I like to go Ice fishing, & hunting.

Target shooting with my air rifle, getting better every time. Not great distance but last time i shot a one ragged hole 5 shot group at 20 yards.

What model airgun do you have??

I mainly shoot 2 Air Arms springers, one a TX200 MK4 in .177, and the other a TX200 MK5 in 22 caliber. I also have an RWS 48 in 22 cal. Each are equipped with 6x18 Bushnell scopes. I have been into air gunning since the 1990s.

Each can hit within an inch at 60 yards.

Wow, nice shooting Martin!
I have a pretty basic break barrel Kral 22 cal with a basic 3-9 power scope. The gun is capable of very nice shooting and is a nice gun for the price, but i would like to upgrade my scope this year.

I mainly shoot 2 Air Arms springers, one a TX200 MK4 in .177, and the other a TX200 MK5 in 22 caliber. I also have an RWS 48 in 22 cal. Each are equipped with 6x18 Bushnell scopes. I have been into air gunning since the 1990s.

Each can hit within an inch at 60 yards.

I had a tx200.
Best springer made IMO.
No load on spring when uncocked.
Makes spring/seal changes a breeze-no press needed.

I got rid of mine like a dummy!!

Had RWS 54, didn't like it.

Had 2 Rapids Theoben, real shooters.
Couple air arms 410s
Couple fx cyclones.

My 20 cal rapid was a screamer for accuracy.
I could shoot the brass off of high brass shotgun shell (12ga) at 80 yards consistently with little to no wind.

I got out of the air gun sport.
Don't really know why.
Maybe be cause no one around here was in to them.

I squirrel hunted a lot with mine.

One thing I am finding that I NEVER considered as a kid shooting squirrels is which pellet I am shooting. I have tried five different pellets now and my gun seems to like the Premier diabolo style , and flat head crossman wadcutters in second place, but these seem to drift a bit more at longer ranges.

I just bought this Edgun Leshiy. 25 caliber PCP. For iguana hunting in South Florida. It puts out 30fpe. It's only 24 in long, and folds in half. Nice backpack gun. Built like a tank. The receiver and barrel shroud is milled from one block of aluminum. Made in Russia. Super accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_20171222_114510456_HDR-1374x771.jpg
    IMG_20171222_114510456_HDR-1374x771.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 20171224_110543-1024x576.jpg
    20171224_110543-1024x576.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 141
Pretty good Detector

Bet you could play some good Lynyrd Skynyrd howboutit , Used to hunt, but mainly Crab, and Fish, just got the boat running this fall, just a 13 foot Whaler, had a Parker 1801, i miss it, now that i live at the beach, i am hunting for a Parker 2320, for Ocean , and Bay fishing, Earl

Back
Top Bottom