On the 4th, NAILED IT !

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
If your from the north your story starts something like this Hey check this out, or guess what, But from the south its pretty much like Y'all ain't gonna believe this sh_t. Well thats how I'm gonna start my post, its not so much the finds, its the fact out of my postage stamp sized front yard (about 12x20) in two short hunts I dug 10 more coins. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have been over the yard. I put the 6in Coiltek on the etrac and using the trashy park program went out for an hour Sat. eve. I found another nickle three memorials,and one very crusty wheatie.After clean up it turned out to be a 1917, sweet! Sun. went back to my 1890s permission, pickins was slim, alot of rusty iron, I did manage to get a V nickle and one wheatie and .18 clad.

Now the 4th had to stick around the house, was nominated chef for my sisters cookout and I knew if I took off hunting somewhere and got sidetracked, well its just better I stuck around. So I figured I hit the front yard again, this time diagonally. After a few rusty nails I got a 12-45 mixed in with a bunch of other numbers, mostly high ferrous, and I'm getting gunshy digging those cause all I seem to get are rusty nails. In quickmask I got a 14 45 then a 12 45 then a bunch of high numbers. Turned over a 5in. plug and saw a rusty nail immediately in the hole. SHIZA. Checked the plug,pointer went off right away. As I started to scratch back the dirt I caught the glimmer of silver, I said no way, awesome, took a pic, pulled it out, checked again, pointer went off again, peeled back a little dirt, this time I saw the back of a Merc. I said I can't believe this sh_t, n ain't nobody gonna believe me. Right in my own front yard, I called the neighbor over to check it out and as I used the pointer again I gota hit on the side of the plug, and I saw what was a wheatie. 21 cent coin spill in my own front yard, it don't get any better that BUT wait, theres more, after flipping the plug back I started swinging and just passed the plug got a 12-43, now on my machine, thats a wheatie, but it had that surface warrble , found it in the grass, crusted up, I thought no way this is a surface find, Then it hit me, it flew out of the coinspill plug when I turned it over. So now its a 22 cent coinspill. Great day ! Funny thing, like most of the coins I have been finding in the areas I hit before these were flat in the plug, there were several nails in with them, but I can't see how I missed them. Also dug another wheatie just before i had to stop and get cleaned up.

Happy 4th of July to all, oh and if I do say so myself, burgers were pretty good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-04-14-31-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-07-04-14-31-16.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 547
  • 20170704_103822.jpg
    20170704_103822.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 545
  • 20170704_100053.jpg
    20170704_100053.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 542
  • 20170704_122808.jpg
    20170704_122808.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 554
  • 20170704_123204.jpg
    20170704_123204.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 529
  • 20170704_123611.jpg
    20170704_123611.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 554
  • 20170704_140857.jpg
    20170704_140857.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 528
  • 20170704_141122.jpg
    20170704_141122.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 541
Wow, all that out of 12x20', previous residents must have gotten max use out of that yard. Nice going, congrats.

Ground in my part of Mo. getting to dry for me to detect. I would have to take a couple RR spikes and a sledgehammer along to drive down on opposite sides of my intended plug and smack 'em sideways to pop a plug.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Nice hunt! Just a couple of weeks ago I pulled a war nickel out of my front yard where I've been over at least a dozen times already. Hard to believe I missed it before, but I did!

Nice hunt! Just a couple of weeks ago I pulled a war nickel out of my front yard where I've been over at least a dozen times already. Hard to believe I missed it before, but I did!
Thank you I can't believe those few nails were masking for coins in that size of a plug I was just over that area on Saturday night I still can't believe it h h mark

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Wow, all that out of 12x20', previous residents must have gotten max use out of that yard. Nice going, congrats.

Ground in my part of Mo. getting to dry for me to detect. I would have to take a couple RR spikes and a sledgehammer along to drive down on opposite sides of my intended plug and smack 'em sideways to pop a plug.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Thank you we have been fortunate here with some heavy summer rains and keeping the ground a little moist but I suspect that will come to an end soon and so will the digging until the end of summer good luck and happy Hunting Park

Great story and fabulous finds dude! My fourth sucked pond water on finds at a secret beach I hunt here in CT. Used to be a summer camp back into the 1800's but I think I have cleaned it dry in the last 2 years..... I found lots of 1800's silver here but now nuthin....

Great story and fabulous finds dude! My fourth sucked pond water on finds at a secret beach I hunt here in CT. Used to be a summer camp back into the 1800's but I think I have cleaned it dry in the last 2 years..... I found lots of 1800's silver here but now nuthin....
Thank you you know I would have thought my yard was cleaned out but in two hunts a little over 3 hours I pulled 10 more coins out of mysmall front yard I guess a spot is never really picked out good luck and happy Hunting mark

Excellent hunting ! Gotta love multiple coin spills, especially with multiple silvers, congrats!
Thank you sir I still can't believe it that is the third silver dime I got in my front yard since Memorial Day and 4 old coins in one spill in what I thought was a hunted out spot my yard is just hard to fathom . So there we know the machine is quite capable I guess I am just going to have to catch up with it. Good luck and happy Hunting mark

Back
Top Bottom