• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Clubs ???

Dirtfishn350

Forum Supporter
I was just wondering if any of you guys/gals are in clubs. I just joined one not to long ago. It didn't cost much & close to my area. Was hoping to learn some thing & meet some people that are into the hobby. Not sure if it's for me but thought I'd give it a try? Having a hunt (seeded) this weekend, never done that before. Not even sure how it works:?:. Maybe, I can win something? Any info on Clubs or how they work, would be helpful.
THANK YOU!

I think the best way to keep clubs fun is to treat everyone like family. Talk and work with all the members. Have a Lunch potluck and go out and detect. The more active you are the more you can learn.

I don't have 'time' for a club honestly - maybe I should make time... I hunt mostly during lunch hours. Have a family and a busy schedule. Not against clubs, but feel too hectic as it is...

Most clubs just meet once a month so it's not usually a big time commitment. I've lived in areas without clubs and with, and I OVERWHELMINGLY prefer with (of course, I've also held various Officer positions in my current for over a decade, so I've made a much more serious time commitment).

Clubs all operate a bit differently. Some only get together to show their finds and have some contests raffles, others are very informal (I know one that started without any bylaws, etc.), and still others actually plan hunts for their members each month.

If nothing else, I encourage you to get involved with a good, active club as theirs benefits to numbers and things a club can accomplish. We've successfully reversed detecting bans for our members in two different local cities at their parks. It was a lot easier as an organized club with a long history, including community service (assisting archeologists, responding / volunteering to help law enforcement ---over 80 times over the years ---). We currently stand at over 70 members and that's with another two clubs in the same area and yet another just an hour away.

I'm a big fan of the entire club hunting together during the good weather months and having a pot luck lunch. That's the way we do it.

Thanks for the replies!
Just went on my first club hunt, this was a timed seeded hunt. Got almost 7.00 in the clad hunt, in the silver hunt a 66 half, 56d quarter & a 43s merc:grin: It was a good time I'm glad went...

Also found a shotgun shell headstamp, wheatie and a very cool pin. (silver I think) These items were not part of the seeded hunt. But found in the area.

Thats awesome =) I just joined a club this week and glad I did they are doing a seeded hunt on the 30th this month, going to take my daughter sounds like it's going to be a blast =)

the nearest club for me is 150 miles away,maybe some day one will be closer,i hate hunting alone and like talking,meeting,and learning.:cool:

the nearest club for me is 150 miles away,maybe some day one will be closer,i hate hunting alone and like talking,meeting,and learning.:cool:

Start one, all you need is one more person. And love for the hobby. Before you know it, you'll have a club:yes:

My local club should be called the E-trac/CTX club. Seems like that is what most use. I need to find a "middle class" club:lol: My 705 would be considered a back-up to the current majority of club members:roll:

My local club should be called the E-trac/CTX club. Seems like that is what most use. I need to find a "middle class" club:lol: My 705 would be considered a back-up to the current majority of club members:roll:

Joined one awhile back (about 3mo), everyone either swings the ATP or Whites there. Felt alittle out of place, bringing in a Minelab. But then it's always good to be alittle bit of an outsider:yes:.

The silver pin with the"crow" on it is a First Class Petty Officer rank pin for the U.S. Navy. Silver plated and not worth anything. Just FYI.

We have from what I can tell a decent club...........same as most I believe that meets once a month. I have to join but may one day.

Clubs can be good and some can be bad. I have been involved with both. A good club welcomes everyone that shows up and treats them like regular members. Some clubs have a lot of drama and members are so close that new folks feel isolated and uncomfortable. I have a good group of friends that I hunt with when I want to so I really don't need to be a member of a club. I don't have to deal with rude or judgemental people and that's fine with me.

I've done some open club hunts that were on the beach and seeded its a completely different thing when it is on the beach compared to when its on land

Clubs are great

Joining a club always helps in understanding the hobby better and also bring plenty of good friends...

I think the best way to keep clubs fun is to treat everyone like family. Talk and work with all the members. Have a Lunch potluck and go out and detect. The more active you are the more you can learn.

Well said. The last club I was in was horrible. You had to be part of the right clique to join anyone on a hunt. Members were very secretive about hunting and unfriendly. Would love to find a club in my area, "Boston" that just had nice members who like to detect and make new friends.

I would never be part of any club that would have me as a member!

In all seriousness, I have thought about starting a club in my area but I don't really have time with my work schedule to try to get anything going. It would be a pretty poor club to have the founder say "OK, this is our first meeting, now I'm out for 4 months so have fun."

I may join our local MDing club just to do the seeded hunts. The meeting at bars every month part doesn't really appeal to me. And I'm not at legal age to drink yet. :lol:

I joined the local club. Turned out to be a good way to meet people, hunting buddies and get ideas on spots to hunt. I have gotten 5 or 6 others to sign up.

We have seeded hunts twice a year, and have helped a historical group to locate grave markers in a historic graveyard. We detected and old government/DOW Chemical Company housing area with the support of the local museum, which helped us get permission from the land owner/developer. Donated items were displayed in the museum.

We have another seeded hunt April 11th, which will have over a hundred silver coins, and prizes. We are alo raffling an AT Pro with extras.

I don't own any land. But, another member does. I was able to place a Garden on his property with various different coins, and common junk targets for members to try out their machines.

Couldn't do any of this without the club.

At our monthly meetings members place their best finds into four categories. The members vote for the best in each and winners receive a prize, usually a silver quarter. There is also a door prize.

I recently joined a club it's been about 2 1/2 months now and 3 meetings I am optimistic about it but still feel like an outsider at meetings but am participating and keeping an open mind and will give it a chance unfortunately I am still to new at it to give you an accurate evaluation. They don't charge much my dues were 10.00 for the year they have raffles door prizes and they are having an annual hunt so I'll hang in until I figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom