Can't Watch Videos On The Forum....

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
unless they have a link to a video on you tube. If it is a video put up by the original poster from their computer it shows up as a black square in place of a photo or video. Nothing to click on. I used to be able to watch videos on the forum. Don't know what happened.

Sometimes if it is an older video that was put up a long while back it might no longer be available at that link.

The other possibility is the browser you are using, I have not been able to see videos on the "internet explorer" browser, but could see the exact same videos show up using the "Microsoft edge" browser.

Try a different browser, if you get the same results on 2 or 3 different browsers like Firefox, internet explorer, and Microsoft edge, then it could be the video itself.

computer

That was happening to me as well , I was using a outdated operating system Windows Vista , after I bought a new laptop and switched to Windows 10 no issues and much faster. Still learning Windows 10 a very big change from vista. If you are using a out dated system that can no longer get updates on , you might consider buying the Windows 10 operating system and having it installed on your current computer. You should be able to get Windows 10 for around $100.00 , clean every thing off the old machine and have a almost new computer for cheaper than a new one. Lots of computer smart people on here that can give you advice if needed .I am not one of them. I plan to take my old laptop after I am sure I have saved every thing, have it whipped clean and have windows 10 put on it , as a back up , and travel computer since it is smaller.

That was happening to me as well , I was using a outdated operating system Windows Vista , after I bought a new laptop and switched to Windows 10 no issues and much faster. Still learning Windows 10 a very big change from vista. If you are using a out dated system that can no longer get updates on , you might consider buying the Windows 10 operating system and having it installed on your current computer. You should be able to get Windows 10 for around $100.00 , clean every thing off the old machine and have a almost new computer for cheaper than a new one. Lots of computer smart people on here that can give you advice if needed .I am not one of them. I plan to take my old laptop after I am sure I have saved every thing, have it whipped clean and have windows 10 put on it , as a back up , and travel computer since it is smaller.

I have Windows 8.1. Have heard horrible things about Windows 10 (like it can snoop into your personal files on your computer and can watch you through your camera and other stuff like track your sites that you go to -- it knows what you are doing and stuff like that. Nothing is private with Windows 10. It knows everything you do).

Sometimes if it is an older video that was put up a long while back it might no longer be available at that link.

The other possibility is the browser you are using, I have not been able to see videos on the "internet explorer" browser, but could see the exact same videos show up using the "Microsoft edge" browser.

Try a different browser, if you get the same results on 2 or 3 different browsers like Firefox, internet explorer, and Microsoft edge, then it could be the video itself.

I used to use Google Chrome on another computer. But I had IE on here so just went with that. And I refused to let it update once Windows 10 was available because I was told that it would update to Window 10 if I left the automatic updater on. Of course now it won't do that -- wants you to BUY Windows 10. And I don't like Windows 10. I thought about switching to Google Chrome. It keeps begging me to use it. I don't even know what version of IE I am using (came on the laptop and I've had it about 1 1/2 yrs I think). Just checked -- IE11.

I used to use Google Chrome on another computer. But I had IE on here so just went with that. And I refused to let it update once Windows 10 was available because I was told that it would update to Window 10 if I left the automatic updater on. Of course now it won't do that -- wants you to BUY Windows 10. And I don't like Windows 10. I thought about switching to Google Chrome. It keeps begging me to use it. I don't even know what version of IE I am using (came on the laptop and I've had it about 1 1/2 yrs I think). Just checked -- IE11.

I have windows 10 and the videos on the forum will not work for me with internet explorer, I have to use another browser other than internet explorer to watch videos on the forum.

I use the "Microsoft edge" browser.

Back
Top Bottom