Running up Disc on Makro Racer

Trashman

Anyone ever tried to run the disc up really high say 83 and see if depth diminished greatly?
I've tried this but never found much beyond sureface clad but according to airtest it retains its regular depth.
Gonna hunt more this way

Got one to play with and I deal with heavy mineralized soil that has extra iron infused into it so depth is limited anyway.
Using the small sniper coil I have reached down to the 3-4" area easily, maybe down to 5" on a few so far with pretty stable non jumping numbers...that is very unusual in this soil compared to my F70.
In a tot lot with chips and a little better black dirt I got down to 7-8" with that coil...all of this was in two tone with the disc at 84.
I had a bad big DD coil but Dilek sent a new one from Istanbul and I got it Friday so I will put that on and see what's up.
I assume I might get a bit deeper.

The F70 doesn't really lose depth on high disc and this is supposed to be similar in some respects but not sure about that high disc/decent depth thing so we will see.
I have had a drought going on around my area for over 2 months so not many places that I can dig down further than a couple of inches but I am getting some deeper signals with that sniper...let's see how deep the big coil goes whether I dig those signals or not.

I love how this thing can disc out so high, with it set at 84 I cut out all the stuff that comes in at the low 80's...which is way too much, but this makes it a cherry picking dream machine.
I have read info about using three tones to tell the difference on some of that low 80's stuff, saw a couple vids too, but I don't have all that down as of yet.

My big goal is to see how deep I can get in my rough soil with this thing.
Most can't get much past 5" with any reasonable ID's, I have made it to about 8" so far with my Fisher and the sniper coil, all my coils no matter what size, but I had to learn a new language to do it.
This one might act more normal deeper but we will see.

I generally don't run high disc.

I if my memory serves me correctly,,,my testing showed running high than normal,disc,,,negatively affected separation.

You might check for yourself.

Running high Disc doesn't seem to effect separation or depth but I wouldn't hunt really old sites this way.
This is perfect format for killing it in tot lots or just clad stabbing with small coil

Let us assume that a silver dime rings up as 84 on your racer (I have no idea what it rings up as - just throwing out numbers).

If you set you disc to 83, you are going to get a degree of discrimination on targets of 84 and may get a slightly broken signal. This degree of discrimination will continue in a decreasing fashion until around 88. This is the nature of filtering.

If you want to set really high discrimination, set it 5 below what your intended cut off is (in the example above, 79).

Let us assume that a silver dime rings up as 84 on your racer (I have no idea what it rings up as - just throwing out numbers).

If you set you disc to 83, you are going to get a degree of discrimination on targets of 84 and may get a slightly broken signal. This degree of discrimination will continue in a decreasing fashion until around 88. This is the nature of filtering.

If you want to set really high discrimination, set it 5 below what your intended cut off is (in the example above, 79).

+1 I concur! HH!

Back
Top Bottom