Anyone using Killer B Wasp on thier CTX?

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Have been trying the Killer B Wasp headphones and really like them. They work great with my WM10 wireless module but when I plug them directly into my detector the units speaker is still on with the headphones plugged in.
I have my wireless turned off, input jack is inserted all the way in and used the switch on the headphones but no difference. My Koss work fine plugged directly in the detector and the speaker is off when headphones are plugged in.
I know there have been issues with headphones and the CTX due to how the circuit is wired but was told by the dealer that these are the same as the Sunray golds and are made to work on the CTX3030. If so them this pair must be defective because they just do not work plugged in directly.
If anyone out there has a solution I am all ears.
Thanks

They very well may be defective. I had a set of the koss headphones that come with the ctx and they worked and then started to not cut out the speaker on the detector. I called up minelab and they sent me a new set. However the ones that I had replaced still work on other detectors and cut out the speaker. It could also be the module it is getting plugged into.

The headphones have to be wired correctly to shut off the internal speaker. Most models wont do it. I use Killer Bs but always with the WM-10. I THINK mine dont shut off the speaker. Nothing defective in them.

Hey

Somewhere on here it tells you how to run a jumper wire in side ..pretty easy..just have to wrap a little wire between two...try googling sunray progold headphones jumper wire for the ctx3030......should be the same as your headphones..................Found it!!!

Attachments

• sunray jumper.jpg
    sunray jumper.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 391
There are two versions of Pro Gold's. Ones that have a switch for CTX speaker shut off (red knobs) and the regulars that don't (yellow knobs). No clue about Killer B's and CTX.

Back
Top Bottom