Why do you guys tumble your coins??

farmall said:
Why clean your coins? Will the bank not take your dirty coins? Just wondering.
Well, when you can't tell your cent, is indeed a cent you kinda have to clean them :lol: Nickels, dimes and Q's come out a brownish color which I kinda like so they stay as is :P

Bank setting up a public use coin counter, free for customers and when they have it hooked up I'll run my coint through and see what gets kicked out.

I clean mine so the coinstar machines will accept them. It's just me but I don't like turning in coins that are in bad shape. I know a coin is a coin and has the same value but cleaning them is what I do.

farmall said:

MOST BANKS CRINGE AT THE SITE OF MY DIRTY COINS. I HAVE NOW STARTED USING A ROCK TUMBLER. SEE IF YOUR BANK HAS A COIN COUNTER . THIS WORKS THE BEST. I WOULDN'T ROLL UP DIRTY COINS, THE BANK WILL LET YOU KNOW ABOUT IT.

PUT ABOUT A THIRD OF THE CONTAINER WITH COINS, ANOTHER THIRD OF AQUARIUM GRAVEL, A COUPLE TABLESPOONS OF A CLEANING AGENT SUCH AS "SIMPLE GREEN". TUMBLE FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS

THIS WORKS WELL FOR ME

MAC IN EUGENE OREGON

farmall said:

IN MY PREVIOUS COMMENT ABOUT USING AQUARIUM GRAVEL I FORGOT TO MENTION FILLING THE CONTAINER TO ABOUT 1 INCH FROM THE TOP WITH WATER ALSO

MAC IN EUGENE

I live in a small town. Since I started detecting and turning in my rolled (and tumbled) clad each year I find more and more often I'm getting coins in my change that have obviously been dug. Bet they are mine!

:lol:

So...I'll keep cleaning them since they end up back in my pocket anyway.

CLEANING COINS...

As I am living in Belgium, we have EUROS, since a couple of years :

Coins are :

2 Euro - 1 Euro
50 cent - 20 cent - 10 cent
5 cent - 2 cent - 1 cent

The 50-20-10 are cupper and are almost all in very good condition, when I find some.

The 5-2-1 get rusty, but sofar I always could use them when I bought something. Many Europeans don't use those coins so they keep them in a glass or a cup. Silly, of course.

The big coins, 2 and 1 Euro get very dirty. Cleaned them in the beginning but now I am simply spending them like I spent the other coins. When & if people accept them, why clean them ????
Had a coffee, 1.70 Euro, today, on the beach. Payed (of course) with a "dirty" Euro. Why not ?

I think, when someone brings them to a bank they are replaced by "nice" coins.

If it works, don't fix it. If it is accepted, don't clean it.

Just my opinion.

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

simonthesearcher said:
Wish i could find some coins to clean :o(

POOR, Simonthesearchers, snif. He broke my heart, now :lol: !!

So, you never find coins, you joker ???? :o(

Well, I don't believe you, hahahaha :P

Keep searching.

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

Back
Top Bottom