• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Details on the Ace 250 Mods

CanMan

I see all the mods for the 250 but never no details .Does anyone have the details .

I see all the mods for the 250 but never no details .Does anyone have the details .

You have probably already seen the Youtube videos of 250 mods. I agree they are short on details, I would like to see them too. One mod I would like to do is move the headphone connector to the end of the shaft. I use Garretts own Prosound headphones and the coiled cord constantly blocks the ID screen.

I would also like to put a toggle switch under the the shaft (like the White's machines) so I could lock the machine in pin point mode. This would be very useful when you are on your knees and passing handfulls of dirt from the hole in front of the coil.

There is a youtube video that shows how to mount LED's on the control box for night hunting. It is pretty descriptive, but not a pretty mod, IMO.

I would also like to put a toggle switch under the the shaft (like the White's machines) so I could lock the machine in pin point mode. This would be very useful when you are on your knees and passing handfulls of dirt from the hole in front of the coil.

Passing the target across the coil will make the machine sound off again, even if it's not in pin point mode.

Passing the target across the coil will make the machine sound off again, even if it's not in pin point mode.
I know it should sound off in motion mode but in practice many times it does not. once I start to dig the target it's Id sometimes changes to a more ferrous target.
I often times have to switch to all metal mode with the touch pad to re- acquire the target. I just think it would be a lot easier to be able to toggle back and forth between motion and non motion with the switch.

Back
Top Bottom