10K Gold Ring with 1 Carat TW diamonds

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Went out today, after work, and before dinner.

Glad I did! Went to a nearby city, as my own feels rather "done" by me. Sometimes a change of scenery is just needed.

When I got to my intended target site (a middle school), immediately, I noted a lack of coins. No coins, only trash... and then a few nickels.

3 nickles, a half-dozen pennies and 40 minutes later, I'd concluded that the whole of the site had been gone over by detectorists, but that they were largely missing the gold-range targets. Not wanting to just "give up" I went to the lone tree by the school and detected around it. 6 targets all in the 52-55 range, dug them all. The first one out of the dirt was the 10K gold ring!

On the way back to the truck, I hit a 69 signal that turned out to be a small blue/chrome tungsten ring. Pretty cool looking, if worthless.

First hour of hunting yielded 2 rings and 21 cents. Glad for the rings! Time for a new site...

At the next site, an elementary school, I found coin spill after coin spill all within about a 50 yard area. Pulled 6 dollar coins out! Ended up clearing $10... $10.31 to be exact. Was there for just an hour, before I had to bolt. Not too shabby for a 2 hour run!

The 1 ctw comes because I measured the diamonds. They're all 1/10th carat princess cut stones. And they all tested positive. Decent stones, too. 10 of them at 1/10 carat = 1 carat total weight.

not worth a whole lot, but pretty! Also, the pictures don't do the final cleaning justice, as there was still dirt behind the stones making them look dark. They're quite nice...

This one is gold #9 for the year... and the first for May.

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_2566.jpg
    IMG_2566.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_2565.jpg
    IMG_2565.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_2572.jpg
    IMG_2572.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_2569.jpg
    IMG_2569.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_2570.jpg
    IMG_2570.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 548
Hey! That looks like one of my hunts--without the rings of course. :-) Last hunt was .51 cents, two clad quarters and a zinc.
I am glad someone is doing well. Congrats Skipster, well done.

Congrats on the beautiful diamond ring.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Ok, now it's your job to go back out and find a ring with a single 1 carat solitaire stone. :laughing:

Wow Skippy, I guess I don't get it. I just hit a school today for $34.88 in clad, including 28 nickles, two .925 rings and piles of mid/low tone scrap but no gold. Yesterday the school gave up $30.63 two junk rings, piles of scrap and nothing else. I can find the places to hunt and clean up the clad, but I'm having a hard time finding gold. Frustrating.
Congratulation...You have the knack for finding the gold.

Ok, now it's your job to go back out and find a ring with a single 1 carat solitaire stone. :laughing:

No kidding. The worst part was that I told my wife I was going to go out and find a diamond ring... When I sent her the picture, I had to say, "A little smaller than I expected, but a good start!"

Hopefully, next week will bring the big stone. Best I've ever done on a single stone was .79 carats. Would love to break the 1 carat mark.

Skip

Back
Top Bottom