XP Deus / ORX Quest HD headphones

shellhouse

Forum Supporter
Recently purchased Quest HD headphones for the WS4 and WSA (reportedly) XP audio pucks.

I can confirm WSA support and am using these now with a WS Audio XP ORX headphone module. Looked around a bit before purchasing and came up dry on reviews with the WSA, or even much in the way of confirmation that they were compatible. No issues yet. Will report back later when I have more time in the field.

The HD model headphones are about $90-100 and also come with a cable for 3.5mm and 6.35mm(1/4") adapter to use wired with other detectors if needed. Quality seems good, and the over-the-ear style is personally preferred over the stock WSA on-ear behind the head band style.

No power is required, only an XP WS4 or WSA module. Or wired connection should also work fine. Will try out the wired connection soon as well.

Specifications:

Transducer type: Dynamic
Operating principle: Closed
Frequency response: 20–20,000Hz
Nominal impedance: 32Ω
Sound pressure level: 111dB
Power handling capacity: 100 mW
Max. sound pressure level: 131 dB
Sound coupling to the ear: Supra-aural
Headband pressure: 3.0N
Wireless technology: Digital 2.4GHz
Paring type: Manually Digital
Weight: 320G
Charging: USB 2.0
Power: 3.7VDC
Current: 40mA
Attachment: Clip on rod, magnetic attach
Protection level: Splash-proof
Control: One touch button
Accessories: Carry bag, adapter, charging cables & instruction manual.
Weight: 60gr
Connector: For metal detector with 1/4" or 6.35mm jack

Attachments

• quest headphones.jpg
    quest headphones.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
My absolute favorite Deus/ORX headphones. I also have the smaller ear cup Quest wireless headphones and transmitter that work with any detector. They aren't as comfortable as the Quest HDs but they have great sound, are inexpensive and no wires!!!!

Jeff

Thanks for confirming the WSA and Deteknix headset. I just ordered an ORX and WSA headset. I was looking at the Quest HDs for longer afternoons.:D

No problem. These are working out great.

Spent some time in the yard near the house and located screws and such that a roofer dropped. The back drive is gravel so I get a lot of noise but that may be normal (will have to read up). The iron/steel and other unknown targets really stand out. No digging today, but got brass shells, screws, and tin trimmings on the ground surface. Potentially saving tires is great practice. I went over the back drive with a roller bar magnet previously but it didn't catch everything.

Back
Top Bottom