Half Cent

randy

Forum Supporter
Haven't been able to get out much this year, but managed to find a half cent today. First one for me in a few years, and it has got some decent detail for our acidic soil.

Anyone have an idea what the whatchamacallit is that I found right near it?

Attachments

• 051220.jpg
    051220.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 298
  • 051220z.jpg
    051220z.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 290
Very nice half cent. Still haven't found one yet.

That thingambob looks brass. Is there openings at either end?
Does the top part come off?

That thingambob looks brass. Is there openings at either end?
Does the top part come off?

The bottom is closed. The top does indeed screw off. Inside is hollow, like a small vial. Not sure it is brass, color doesn't seem consistent with brass, but I am no expert.

Haven't been able to get out much this year, but managed to find a half cent today. First one for me in a few years, and it has got some decent detail for our acidic soil.

Anyone have an idea what the whatchamacallit is that I found right near it?

Congrats! I'd love to have that surprise! Any tips?

That half cent is absolutely sicking. A half-cent is on my bucket list. But ... of course .... I'm not on the east coast. So I might as well give up now, right ? :sissyfight:

Beautiful coin. Only have found two half cents both toast. I’ll toss out a guess on the other item; a clock pendulum weight of some sort.

The half-cent is a super find; nice work! It definitely has some good detailing. :thumbsup:

My thoughts on the other item, though I'm certainly not an expert... perhaps a perfume bottle (as previously mentioned) or an inkwell? :)

wow, that is an awesome and hard to find coin. I am still looking for one!

Back
Top Bottom