Small Crack in Coil Epoxy

medicchief

Forum Supporter
I took the cover off of my ML Pro-Coil, to clean under it and found a small transverse crack in the epoxy, where the lead goes from the connector (embedded) to the coil. I could flex the coil slightly and it would open a little. I wasn't having any problems with the coil that I now of (had even rinsed it before), so I just cleaned it real good with some alcohol, blew it out and dried it with a hair dryer. Then flexed it open and forced silicone in it. I let the coil relax and it compressed the silicone, forcing just a little out, let it dry for 24 hours. I checked it after several uses and it seems to still be sealed. That said, did I do it correctly or should I have used epoxy or something different. It's still working great......

Epoxy would have been the better option.

Roger that, I'll probably get around to it when it warms up a bit. I'm getting a couple of more coils for the machine and will probably run a Tornado on it for a while, since I'm hunting less trashy areas for the time being. I have heard not to use like JB Weld or any other epoxy which has metal in it...….no brainer.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom