Pulltab and gold day

I like somebody that just plugs away working the numbers in the right location and listening to what the dirt is saying......old beavertails are right smack in the Gold wearing years of Mankind on this Planet...The greatest Gold find of my life so far sounded like a pair of pulltabs...Dirt gold is a real trophy, and it hides amongst the foil/tab/nickel/bastard signals...Sometimes a guy just has to work the numbers...:neat::neat:

Love seeing that gold in the hole man. But sometimes those gold beavers make me wanna cry. Yeah I am starting to lower myself to digging all foil, nickle, and aluminum signals. Makes it almost like a real job but the effort pays off. My legs are still hurting but its a good workout! Yup those beavers usually show you are in the right area if you are willing to dig like a madman!

Nice going! I was on that mission of digging it all looking for gold..ended up with alot of the junk and no gold.lol..congrats

:no: ya I tried once to clean out all the aluminum junk from a small park/ playground :( impossible around here 2 weeks later after a couple mowings it was shredded foil, cans and al nip bottle caps everywhere again!

:no: ya I tried once to clean out all the aluminum junk from a small park/ playground :( impossible around here 2 weeks later after a couple mowings it was shredded foil, cans and al nip bottle caps everywhere again!

Yet, in spite of "harsh-realities" like this, we often hear md'rs say that the trick to finding gold rings is to: Go dig aluminum till your arms fall off. :?: Yet as your observation shows, this can be the recipe for insanity.

It's already a "given" that alloyed gold is a low conductor. The MUCH BIGGER "trick" to finding gold rings is : Location location location.

There are locations where the ratios are much less crazy. Swim beaches, sand volley-ball courts, turf exclusive to sports/athletics, wrestle pits, etc.....

Good work! Last year, I was sick of never finding gold, so I dug heaps and heaps of tabs and other trash, plus a lot of pennies and other clad coins. I was on a dig it all detecting binge for about a week before I finally pulled a big 14K band. Then I managed 2 more gold rings later, without trying that hard.
When you got the gumption, dig them tabs! Something good often turns up.

Thanks all! Pinpointer finally worn out after 3 years so got a new one on order. Gonna head out here soon with coffee in hand and hit up the beaver tail forest. Yes, gotta dig those nickle signals and don't forget foil. One time a piece of foil ended up being a nice gold ring, so sometimes it happens. Happy hunting everyone if anything worth of note found the Detectingman will report back. There's gold in them there hills, er....park.

Haha! Yeah, I have read that for every 1,000 tabs you dig you should get a gold ring. This park today, there was a pull tab literally every foot. My goal is to clean the area of trash and hopefully unmask some more goodies. The nice thing about this park is that it is pretty secluded since swimming season is over. There is a beach there, but for whatever reason, never got any targets on it. Wish I had a waterproof detector. When I hit a huge honker it is be on the list to get hah!

We have an area we call "pull tab hill"....hundreds of pull tabs...every now and then we still hit it hoping to clean it up as well and find the one nice ring that's there...

or gold coin...we're not picky :)

Wow, crazy ratio...… Nice gold!

Thanks! 100 is not bad at all. I went back today did find a little clad though.

We have an area we call "pull tab hill"....hundreds of pull tabs...every now and then we still hit it hoping to clean it up as well and find the one nice ring that's there...

or gold coin...we're not picky :)

Pull tab hill, haha, think there is one in every neighborhood!
At this point most here are probably resident pull tab experts :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom