• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Who owns or have used a teknetics/fisher new pin pointer

relichead

Banned
Been looking at reviews and i have to admit im quite impressed by the sense/depth..seems to beat all other top pin pointers on the market..am i wrong? Im considering buying a new pointer for primary or back up..would love some feedback on owners of these..they seem to be VERY DEEP! Seems to beat garrets by quite a bit...
Thanks brad

My experience has the Whites TRX being the deepest on coin sized objects, with the new PI Fisher/Teknetics being next (1/2" less), the Deteknix XPointer next and the Garrett being the shallowest by 1 and 1/2". That doesn't mean the TRX is the best. I eventually sent mine back to Whites for a refund due to problems with the on/off switch. I had to return my Teknetics Tek-Point for a free PC board replacement. The Tek Point is by far the most sensitive as in detecting the smallest/thinnest targets. I am a gold prospector and I always have it with me. It will hit targets that none of the other three will notice. If you get a Fisher F-Pulse or Teknetics Tek-Point make sure it is the latest version since the PC board issues have been corrected in the version 2 model. I have heard that Minelab makes excellent pinpointers and so does XP. I haven't tried one yet.

Jeff

Gave my f pulse a try,pretty easy to setup compared to the carrot..I only air tested but it definitely hits harder and further away than the carrot,I’d say a good inch better.
It’s really sensitive,and Down the length of the shaft it’s also sensitive,which could be a good or bad thing in the field. I could hold a coin over a inch from the shaft and get a good signal,so in trashy places it might not nave good..these are just indoor tests so don’t take these to heart,field results might differ.
Not sure if I’m gonna keep it or get rid of it,I like my carrot a lot but this f pulse seems really good too..

Back
Top Bottom