• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My best coin to junk ratio ever w/silver

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
Took the kids to a very small city park today. I've hit this particular area multiple times before with the F70 and compadre, but only had the Nox here once before today. Was running mostly 2 tones with the tone break at 22 in park 1, iron bias 0, recovery speed at 7 and sense at 18. I did run 5 tones with 12 and 13 set to a high tone for maybe 10 minutes if that, thus two of the nickels. The other two were dug in 2 tones by watching the vdi. The hunt was only about 45 minutes long. Got a 1942 merc and $1.47 in clad and only 1, yes one piece of trash! I usually dig solid lower signals looking for gold, but today I concentrated on coins looking for silver and it paid off. This place is at least 100 years old and it's where I dug my very first silver coin, a 1964 rosie. This merc was about 5 inches down.

Attachments

• 20180710_123745_HDR.jpg
    20180710_123745_HDR.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 20180710_123805_HDR.jpg
    20180710_123805_HDR.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Nice work NC đź‘Ť
Sounds like nice little spot to sniff around a little more .
See if it hold more keepers .
, Dew

Great hunt and report there Toad! As you know, I'm killer with the F70, but getting Very Curious about how this NOX compares as well as a possible advantage...for how I hunt, which is very similar to how you hunt...also how fast can I learn it and runNgun in full tones on the rig...for fast clad hammering in the Fall season where I make my pay...

I dont want to waste any time having to learn something that might confuse me too much...plus about hopping the coil on it to pinpoint and then stab accurately...all sorts of questions...

From what I've seen, The NOX should make a hell of a clad Hammer, its just figuring out if it will be 20% better than what I'm running now?

I know my 70 so well, and it throws off big pay, paid for over and over...so what is my advantage (need) to get me a NOX...? Well, I think...It may be able to replace my F70 for dirt work AND my AtPro for the water Gold?!...These are my thoughts and I am watching closely similar users and first adapters such as yourself......thanks again for your posts and experiences so far...

Very nice! Gotta love a good clean hunt with a fast & light machine.
Thanks, when you ignore gold, you do a lot less digging!
Congrats on the Merc! Love the Nox it amazes me ever time I take it out.
Thanks!
Nice work NC đź‘Ť
Sounds like nice little spot to sniff around a little more .
See if it hold more keepers .
, Dew
I get to that place every so often and hit it for an hour or so. I'm sure there's more there.
Great hunt and report there Toad! As you know, I'm killer with the F70, but getting Very Curious about how this NOX compares as well as a possible advantage...for how I hunt, which is very similar to how you hunt...also how fast can I learn it and runNgun in full tones on the rig...for fast clad hammering in the Fall season where I make my pay...

I dont want to waste any time having to learn something that might confuse me too much...plus about hopping the coil on it to pinpoint and then stab accurately...all sorts of questions...

From what I've seen, The NOX should make a hell of a clad Hammer, its just figuring out if it will be 20% better than what I'm running now?

I know my 70 so well, and it throws off big pay, paid for over and over...so what is my advantage (need) to get me a NOX...? Well, I think...It may be able to replace my F70 for dirt work AND my AtPro for the water Gold?!...These are my thoughts and I am watching closely similar users and first adapters such as yourself......thanks again for your posts and experiences so far...
Mud, I'm not sure you would be that much better off with a nox than what you've got. The F70 doesn't miss much and you're really good and fast with it. It may take quite some time to make up your ROI if you bought a nox. The reason I bought one was for the waterproof aspect. In fact right before the nox came out I was seriously looking at the ATmax, but once I started reading up on the nox I knew I'd be happier with it mainly because of the multi frequency.
Man that’s some good hunting Toad! Congrats on the silver and the Nox.
Thanks GS!

Back
Top Bottom