• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

If she wasn't hooked before....

Greenriver Greg

she sure is now, and so am I!! Patriot training day today in our backyard. It is a good thing it is our yard because me and Emma dug some milspec fox holes trying to get used to the pinpoint is on the DD coil. I love the IDX, but I was hearing things today like I've never heard. 😁 It was an awesome afternoon, nothing found of any substantial worth, but Emma found a couple rings one of which fit and she was hooked for certain. I don't care if I ever find anything big as long as she has that smile on her face when we unearth some history.
All this was done on factory default settings. I'm green as grass on detecting in general so I'll stay in the middle of the road until I learn more.

Attachments

• IMG_20190214_091317-800x600.jpg
    IMG_20190214_091317-800x600.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 708
  • 20190214_144610-800x553.jpg
    20190214_144610-800x553.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 682
  • 20190214_144412-727x592.jpg
    20190214_144412-727x592.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 671
Awesome! The Factory settings are just fine.. tweak it from there as you gain an understanding in your continuing education Outdoor Dirt classroom...

May I suggest a great Forum Mentor for your daughter?...She would glean a lot by following Kapi's posts...She started out in this Sport totally ignorant not that long ago and quickly got real good real fast...top 1%....

I've taken my son out a few times, his attention span is about 15 minutes. Maybe I should plant something cooler to get him more hooked?!

If you don't have one a Pin Pointer would be a very good investment. they tend to cut down on the bomb craters that one digs without one.

Now I am jealous. She is just starting out and already found two rings. Come on man, this is suppose to take a long time before you start finding rings. :lol:

Great job and glad she had fun. Enjoy the time together doing this.

Ray

Very cool! How do you guys like the Patriot? Keep it up, youll have a future hunting buddy for a long long time!

I've taken my son out a few times, his attention span is about 15 minutes. Maybe I should plant something cooler to get him more hooked?!

One thing that I learned years ago when I'd take our son deer hunting was that at the first sign of boredom the hunt was over for that day. Same thing applies here, because the last thing I want is for her to think md'ing is a task or chore, so far, so good.
I explained that we had an exceptional day and not every hunt would be as rewarding, but big picture was us spending time together and enjoying God's wonderful creation.

Now I am jealous. She is just starting out and already found two rings. Come on man, this is suppose to take a long time before you start finding rings. :lol:

Great job and glad she had fun. Enjoy the time together doing this.

Ray

Your right. I was shocked when she brought that ring out of the dirt. She might be a good luck charm. lol
Another great benefit is that 8 year old eyes, are far sharper than 56 year old eyes.😁

Back
Top Bottom