quota: I.E.D.

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
Is it Karma? A question of being in the wrong place at the wrong time! What ever it is I feel like a human magnet for the oddities, the bizarre and the down right lack of humans displaying common sense. The incidents I describe in my posts do happen. Mind you I take literary liberties to make the post a tad more entertaining. To me a hunt is from the time you leave, the actual swish/dig to the time you return home.

I.E.D.

With Marie taking an extra morning shift I figured I would venture out for a dig/swish till noon. That would leave the bulk of the day to enjoy each others company. Stopped at a small park situated behind a school I had attended as a gangly 7 year old. Mind you in my time of attendance it was not a Muslim school whose motto was "striving towards perfection" but the annex of Bloomfield Elementary.

Took the Freedom 3 Plus out but it was antsy as hell so I took out the Pro. Ground was hard. Coins came at a fair clip and about halfway through the dig I unearthed this ugly thing. Must have been a secret fraternity ring for the Taliban!

Time was drawing near for Marie to arrive home so I headed Otto towards the nearest store to use a pay phone......................bang! A loud noise came from Otto. I pulled him to the curb and looked at his under belly. Even a guy like me that has his single brain cell courtesy of a time share could see that the exhaust had come off near the engine block. When it first had happened I thought I had hit a landmine or other I.E.D. Son of a seahorse and other curse words left my foul mouth. Started Otto up again and he was some loud. Had it in my mind that I would wait till a herd of Harley's came along and I would sneak along with them to the nearest Speedy Automotive. Now I know why Navy Davy likes to take his car on digging field trips!

A tad later a smiling man at Speedy's handed me this!

Um. Today's quota was just not going to cut it when it came to off setting this bill. Mind you Otto was then purring as softly as Marie does when I put the Dr. Scholl's peppermint foot lotion on and massage her feet after a shift!

Hit a once a year swish spot just to cool off....kind of thought the water was boiling around me. Being the only person there I got the full attention of both life guards!

Arrived home in one piece with quota!

With this being the 100th anniversary of WW1 I think the rest of the day will be spent looking up the history of the regiment in the photo I picked up the other day! Now proudly displayed in my spare room. Couldn't keep my slippers out of this photo!

"Machine gun section of the 112th Overseas Battalion."

Well, now Otto should be good to go for the rest of the season and several more.;)

You'll just have to set a little higher quota to cover the repairs. :p

I spent some of my proceeds from last year to buy the 7 seasons of Star Trek DS9, Voyager and TNG so I'll have something to get me through winter this year. :laughing:

GL/HH :kingdances:

I think its awesome that the guy only charged you $87 for the repairs.
Around here, they get $150 just to drive in:mad:

I think its awesome that the guy only charged you $87 for the repairs.
Around here, they get $150 just to drive in:mad:

I was thinking the same thing. What some garages and dealers charge to do basic repairs around here, is absolute robbery. But.... maybe that is a topic for another thread.

Back
Top Bottom