Inverted/sidewinder key. Where are they used?

Gorgar

Elite Member
Found this modern inverted key also called a "sidewinder". Where are they used? I can look them up on the Internet, but just curious why and where they are used? Found it in a city park. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 971
I'm going with lawn mower. Locker keys usually have a round handle with a number on them. I may be wrong. I've seen me do it.

I'd have to agree with "partyofone" Hit up the local community parks office. Might just be one they had to get replaced and I'd bet they aint cheap. Heck, Maybe they will invite you to scan some other places??? LOL

I found more info and a pic of a similar key. "Laser cut high security key". Seems they are used in high end cars. i.e. Audi, Jaguar, Lexus. Might be a spare one that was dropped at the park I was at. There are no lockers, but a lot of basketball, tennis and ball fields. Thanks.

Attachments

• High Security Laser Cut Keys.jpg
    High Security Laser Cut Keys.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 927
Way too cheaply made, and too short for a high-end car key. Also the modern car keys with the laser cut grooved keys have radio transmitter heads which are larger and thicker than the one you found.

I agree with gunsil. But I still can't find a decent image of one except for car pic one. I think maybe it is a security key for an expensive maintenance machine? I do know the key is called a "sidewinder". Maybe never will find out exactly.

Back
Top Bottom