Return to the Swamp Hole - Small Silver & Big Silver!

METALMANIAC-NY

Elite Member
Update - added Walker Back pic - Haha both forearms are covered in poison ivy ....apparently I used my gloves to roll up my sleeves as I headed out...it was hot...uggh. A red rash for some silver....seems fair...:laughing:

Took the long hike once again to the hidden swimming/picnic spot. Now a swamp hole, overgrown tick/poison ivy infested woods. Long sleeves and bug spray in effect. The tree canopy is so thick in a few spots, its only bare dirt or leaf cover....why not go back to the well that yielded over 7 silvers last time.
6 hour hunt yesterday...really had fun for the first 4 hours. Digging plenty of old Wheaties and Indians...1893, 1896 and a 1906. Over the last year have removed a ton of junk and shotgun shells from this area...opening up a lot of deeper targets. Found a really cool Crucifix and then the Silver started popping! 5 Feet away scored a nice 1920 Merc from the roots! Soon another MERC..1917!.......20 minutes later, under a rotten log got a quick high tone blip. Kicked the wood and brush aside. clearing an area and was now getting a 78-82 on the ATP. 1907 Barber pops out about 5 inches deep! Im killin it...ready to hike back......
Swung through ankle deep growth and got a mixed...65-82 signal...I was like HUH? Tough digging but pulled out a wheatie and 2 nickels 1945 P War Nickel and 1947 Nickel. Closed the hole and was still getting a 82-86....yeah baby! Im thinking Barber Quarter....nope BETTER...a well circulated 1920 Walker!!! My 3rd ever... Walk back is always sweeter with some nice finds!! Cheers..HH!

Attachments

• 1906 Swimmin Hole IH.jpg
    1906 Swimmin Hole IH.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 514
  • Swimmin Hole Cros JUne 2016.jpg
    Swimmin Hole Cros JUne 2016.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 498
  • 1920 merc hole-root shot.jpg
    1920 merc hole-root shot.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 505
  • 1920 merc hole close june 2016 den.jpg
    1920 merc hole close june 2016 den.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_20160628_143309.jpg
    IMG_20160628_143309.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 522
Barber dime and then Big Silver!!!

Attachments

• Tray Finds Big Silver June 29th.jpg
    Tray Finds Big Silver June 29th.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 496
  • Big silver and small  June 2016.jpg
    Big silver and small June 2016.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 496
  • 1920 Walker Hole  June 2016.jpg
    1920 Walker Hole June 2016.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 496
  • 1906 Barber hole  june 016.jpg
    1906 Barber hole june 016.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 511
  • 1920 Walker Back.jpg
    1920 Walker Back.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 384
Wow! That was a great hunt! Congrats on the old silvers! Where is the pic of the Walker.

Wow. Very nice digs!!! What a great spot!! I have an old swimming spot too that I have been meaning to get back to. Nothing but trash at the surface, definitely inspired me to finish removing it next time I'm in that area! Amazing finds. Love the walker, I have only found one o' dem. Three is amazing! You must of had quite a spring in your step returning with that loot! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice decision to go to the swamp hole .
Haven't found a half this year but they are so sweet. Quarters have a little meat on them but that walker is beutiful . Like a big old smoked Turky leg .. Mmmmm. 🍗 . Fred Flintstone style Metal 👍
HH , Dew

Wow

A big congratulations. You got a bunch of really nice silver there, and injuns too. There's not a detectorist out there that would not love your spot. Sounds like you need some Calamine Lotion for your arms. I'm wondering how long it takes to make the hike?
HH everyone

A big congratulations. You got a bunch of really nice silver there, and injuns too. There's not a detectorist out there that would not love your spot. Sounds like you need some Calamine Lotion for your arms. I'm wondering how long it takes to make the hike?
HH everyone

About 30 mins in.....and 20 mins out when im flying back to the car with a pocket of silver...;)

Wow, sweet spot you got there, Congrats on the silvers!
Hope the poison ivy goes away quick, I'm not allergic but I've heard a paste of baking soda and water helps.

Back
Top Bottom