Purchased Garrett ace 250

texasmustang

So I only had a bounty hunter 'lone star' for about a month, but after reading numerous posts on this site and a little research I just broke down and purchased the Ace 250. It sounds like it may have more options on discrimination and a little more overall umph. Some other family members were bugging me anyway to use the bounty hunter. Please tell me that is a good choice. Cathy in Texas

Last edited:
i bought one last night. its my first detector so hopefully we both made good choices. ive read alot about it and it sounds good to me.

Congrats on your new md there,
a good all round machine had one myself for a year or so and found a lot of good finds with it.
Can be a bit tricky on wet sand at times.

Kathy, Have no Fear!! Yours is a very good Machine!! I have the 350 ace. You got to learn the Machine. Go to you tube and see some of the test's Etc for the 250 In the quick link you'll see a group of 250 owners that have their own site here. Cool
Anyway, a friend of mine has gotten 5 to 7 rings :money: with his so far and more coins than can be counted.
Very Best of Luck!

I love my Ace 250 and have made many great finds with it! Once you learn the machine I believe you will love it as well! HH and good luck!

Youtube videos

Thanks for the tip about youtube. I am eager for the ace 250 to get here. The area I am working in is historical for our ranch, but has numerous spent bullet casings that get annoying after awhile. This detector may have the options I need.:grin:

Very good choice you made there. The Ace was my first machine too and found 550 coins in one month at the same park. You might want to get a Garrett Pro Pointer....will make your recovery times super fast. HH

Yup...you'll like the ACE

but it gets even better after you've put in at least 100 hours one it. My ACE 250 has bought me everything else....a Garrett Propointer....a sniper coil....another Garrett Propointer so my wife and I can dig...and a Tesoro Vaquero which I use for relics (and deeeeep digging). I'm averaging about $60/month from parks and the beach. Never got broke from all the use I've given it (almost daily) and is still taking a pounding. It's good right out of the box but....after you learn it, it's poetry!

You'll like the machine. I just started detecting in August and since that time I have dug 1 gold ring, 17 silver coins and 3 pieces of silver jewelry. Most of my silver was after I got to know the machine a bit. I havn't got a lot in clad coins, but that is only because I have been digging mainly in private yards and have hit very few parks and no schools. Get to know the ACE and it will shine for you. Great starter detector. As others have said, get the Pro pointer. I won't go hunting without mine.

Fantastic, :thumbsup: I am sure you will enjoy the 250. It is a great machine and will give you hours of fun and pleasure. Keep us posted with some of your finds..HH

My wife has the ACE 250, until the UPS guy shows up wither her new Fisher F5. When that happens, I inherit the 250. They are a great machine if you put the time in to learn it. Good luck, and you made a wise choice! HH!

Back
Top Bottom