Tom-Brady-Deflategate (2).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 252
  • untitled (37).jpg
    untitled (37).jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 257
  • so-there-i-was-watching-the-eagles-win-the-superbowl-509742.jpg
    so-there-i-was-watching-the-eagles-win-the-superbowl-509742.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 404
I was really hoping to see Jax & Min in the Superbowl but neither made it. This will be the first SB in years I really have no interest in whatsoever. I don't think Philly has a chance stopping Brady but anything can happen. I just doubt I'll be watching this year.

If you think the Pats won because of the refs you should post some examples.
Like any other team sometimes the refs do make calls in favor of the Pats,
But not last night! The Jags defense took out Gronk with a cheap hit and still could not handle the Patriot offense.
How many more teams are going to guarantee their fans a win? Love the smack talk!

It's bad when a wrong action by an official might have changed the outcome of a championship game.

Here is an article I just read that explains......

An ill-timed whistle likely robbed the Jaguars from a trip to the Super Bowl

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/an-ill-timed-whistle-likely-robbed-the-jaguars-from-a-trip-to-the-super-bowl/ar-AAuZiil

Early in the fourth quarter, the Patriots broke out a trick play with a pass back to Danny Amendola who proceeded to find Dion Lewis for what would have been a first down. Jack jumped in to strip the ball from Lewis and rose to his feet ready to run the ball the other way.

Jack had no Patriots ahead of him who could have made a play against one of the league's speediest linebackers. Yet, the play was called dead.

It shouldn't have been.

Jack was not touched after he gained full control of the ball and was justifiably furious when the official blew his whistle. He had a touchdown and would have extended the Jaguars' lead to 27-10 in the fourth quarter. The play was ruled a fumble on the field, so the official either inadvertently blew the whistle or incorrectly ruled Jack down by contact.

Once a play is ruled down by contact, the subsequent return can't be reviewed.

In that moment, the play should have been allowed to continue and reviewed after the score.

Last few seasons, I've been watching "The Puppy Bowl" up at the Sleepy Time Nursing home on SuperBowl Sunday...Ya see, Granny is there, she will be 99yrs old next week, (693 in dog years) and I sort of inherited her stupid little dog, Pai Mei...who is 49 yrs old accordingly...

He was a fat lazy little butterball Miniature Mongolian Mastiff, besides his usual diet, she fed him a half loaf of bread every day, so you can imagine...They are great friends!...Well, I cant have a worthless little butterball laying around here, watching "Wheel of Fortune" and ordering junk off of QVC, so I started him out on strength training and a tight regimen...put him on 'two a days' down at the local Dog Park, and He dropped 20lbs! Starting line ready this season!

So we go up and hang with Granny and watch the event on her Big Screen!, Me and Pai and two other resident therapy dogs, Piper and Chummy...'The Puppy Bowl' is a huge highlight party for us! Oh we have fun! Yelling and howling, sniffing each others rear ends, tearing up stuffed animal 'tackling dummies', you know, the basic Human Superbowl party with less clean-up and only half the beer!!

We go out at halftime and chase squirrels! Throw the ball around even! Yeah!...I'm all about the Puppy Bowl! We try to get some of the Nurses there to dress up in Cheerleader outfits even, or in a French Maid costume, get into the Spirit of the event!...But so far, no takers?..some people just dont care for Professional Sports I guess...

Oh well, theres always "Say Yes to the Dress" or "My 600lb Life" for the others, Looking at the crowd shots and front line at any NFL game, They are sort of football related....:laughing:.

Attachments

• gmaw and pai1.jpg
    gmaw and pai1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 229
  • pai mei.jpg
    pai mei.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 218
  • pimay.jpg
    pimay.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 223
  • pimay3.jpg
    pimay3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
It's bad when a wrong action by an official might have changed the outcome of a championship game.

Here is an article I just read that explains......

An ill-timed whistle likely robbed the Jaguars from a trip to the Super Bowl

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...uars-from-a-trip-to-the-super-bowl/ar-AAuZiil

Early in the fourth quarter, the Patriots broke out a trick play with a pass back to Danny Amendola who proceeded to find Dion Lewis for what would have been a first down. Jack jumped in to strip the ball from Lewis and rose to his feet ready to run the ball the other way.

Jack had no Patriots ahead of him who could have made a play against one of the league's speediest linebackers. Yet, the play was called dead.

It shouldn't have been.

Jack was not touched after he gained full control of the ball and was justifiably furious when the official blew his whistle. He had a touchdown and would have extended the Jaguars' lead to 27-10 in the fourth quarter. The play was ruled a fumble on the field, so the official either inadvertently blew the whistle or incorrectly ruled Jack down by contact.

Once a play is ruled down by contact, the subsequent return can't be reviewed.

In that moment, the play should have been allowed to continue and reviewed after the score.

He was lying on the ground, touching a patriots player. That is down by contact.

Jack was not touched after he gained full control of the ball and was justifiably furious when the official blew his whistle.

I missed that. I think that's right, once the ball was in his control I don't see that he was touched.

He was lying on the ground, touching a patriots player. That is down by contact.

No hard feelings and not that it matters now but the article likely would not have been written if they didn't think it was a bad call.

I'm sure if the situation was reversed and that same exact bad call went against the Pats that some Pats fans would have been complaining too :lol:

The bottom line is it's just a game and refs are human and they occasionally make mistakes, it's just bad when a mistake can potentially make a big difference in the outcome of a championship game.

No hard feelings and not that it matters now but the article likely would not have been written if they didn't think it was a bad call.

I'm sure if the situation was reversed and that same exact bad call went against the Pats that some Pats fans would have been complaining too :lol:

Given the general amount of patriots derangement syndrome across the Republic, no article would surprise me, really.

Maybe the play should have been allowed to continue, maybe it should not. The play was called dead. I am pretty sure it is safe to say that if it was a Pat that took the ball away, there would be a near universal statement that the right call was made.

Good calls and bad calls go both ways. I don't buy the going conspiracy that the pats are getting special treatment, especially given the acrimony between Belichick, Kraft, Brady, and Goodell. Pretty sure, he would love to see the pats get curb stomped into the ground - unless of course he wants to see it happen in the SB, though, I doubt he is THAT petty.

Given the general amount of patriots derangement syndrome across the Republic, no article would surprise me, really.

Maybe the play should have been allowed to continue, maybe it should not. The play was called dead. I am pretty sure it is safe to say that if it was a Pat that took the ball away, there would be a near universal statement that the right call was made.

Good calls and bad calls go both ways. I don't buy the going conspiracy that the pats are getting special treatment, especially given the acrimony between Belichick, Kraft, Brady, and Goodell. Pretty sure, he would love to see the pats get curb stomped into the ground - unless of course he wants to see it happen in the SB, though, I doubt he is THAT petty.

I have not watched enough Pats games to say for sure if there is any real reason for anyone having a justified perception the pats are getting special treatment, but I was just focusing on that one play.

I appreciate that you are objective enough to at least say "Maybe the play should have been allowed to continue".

It is hard for some fans of any team to admit that their team got the benefit of a bad call or that any of their team's members ever do anything wrong.

I have a favorite team from where I used to live, (the Ravens) and as tough as it might be at times, I try to stay objective and admit if a Raven's player was guilty of a foul or if the Raven's got a break they wouldn't have gotten if the ref made the right call.

Humans are not infallible, which means refs and players are not infallible either.

I think it's gonna be a great game, we will get to see Laggarett Blount on the other side of the ball for a change and Nick Foles is probably playing the best football of his career. The Vikings defense never showed up. Buf if the patriots defense had issues with blake bortles, Foles should be just as good if not better. I bet it will be a close game, and it will come down to a field or something :yes:

After thinking about it, it was probably just a case of a quick whistle. The ref saw both players on the ground, figured the play was over. Maybe he didn't even realize that the ball had changed hands. Once the whistle blows, you can't restart the play.

After thinking about it, it was probably just a case of a quick whistle. The ref saw both players on the ground, figured the play was over. Maybe he didn't even realize that the ball had changed hands. Once the whistle blows, you can't restart the play.

It was a quick whistle, and it could have been called two ways. Lewis could have been called down by contact but wasn't, The Jacksonville player could have been called down as well. It doesn't matter as the whistle stopped play, that is why the Jags player was so wide open on his run back. The Patriots stopped running when the whistle blew.

And just some info for all of you, Amendola made a great catch a few years back, got into the clear and a referee blew a whistle stopping the play. Amendola had NO ONE in front of him, so in reality these things happen all the time, and not just for the Patriots (look up Patriots vs. Bills Nov.23, 2015). It happens to everyone!

If you think the Pats won because of the refs you should post some examples.
Like any other team sometimes the refs do make calls in favor of the Pats,
But not last night! The Jags defense took out Gronk with a cheap hit and still could not handle the Patriot offense.
How many more teams are going to guarantee their fans a win? Love the smack talk!
Example, Steelers vs Patriots, the Steeler’s crossed the goal line with the football, touchdown!, then taking away from paid off ref.
Didn’t Gronk get suspended for driving his knee into another player’s back when the whistle was blown?

Edit; Here’s the link https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-hit-on-bills-tredavious-white-is-upheld/amp/

I agree with you, love smack talking.

Attachments

• A430BC60-29E8-4135-BB2B-AD4C6BFBEE28.jpeg
    A430BC60-29E8-4135-BB2B-AD4C6BFBEE28.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 193
Example, Steelers vs Patriots, the Steeler’s crossed the goal line with the football, touchdown!, then taking away from paid off ref.
Didn’t Gronk get suspended for driving his knee into another player’s back when the whistle was blown?

Edit; Here’s the link https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-hit-on-bills-tredavious-white-is-upheld/amp/

I agree with you, love smack talking.

If there was no instant replay I would agree with you on that call, looked like a touchdown to me but it was reviewed , It would be a silly argument to say that the Pats paid for those calls. I also remember the "tuck rule " wasn't very popular with Oakland some years ago but it was reviewed and guess what...It is a rule. And yeah that hit from Gronk was cheap I'm just glad that is not the norm for the Pats, Guys like Suh and Berfect wouldn't last a week with the Pats. If you watch Gronk play you will see there are many times he's interfered with and it hardly ever gets called. GO PATS!!!

I appreciate that you are objective enough to at least say "Maybe the play should have been allowed to continue".

Thanks, I try to be objective. Honestly, it drives my wife crazy during the Ohio State v. Michigan game. She is a total OSU homer. She is displeased when I scream pass interference when it is OSU that is guilty. She is quite pleased when I scream it for UM. She did go there, and was part of the marching band, so she does have investment there, so I can understand her rabid fandom.

I am a fan, not a homer. I am unsure why, to some people, the sports teams they watch mean more to them than anything else in the world and become totally unhinged when things don't go their way. Sports are fun to watch, but, unless you are actually playing on the team or betting heavily, the final result of the game is really has no impact on the quality of your life.

I also never understood the use of the term "We won!" or "We are going to the Super Bowl" - because, unless you played, they (the team) won, or unless you have tickets or are playing in the game, you are not going to the super bowl. I suppose it gives them a feeling of belonging to the team's community as a whole. I am more sociopathic in believing that the players are gladiators doing battle for my enjoyment.

And just some info for all of you, Amendola made a great catch a few years back, got into the clear and a referee blew a whistle stopping the play. Amendola had NO ONE in front of him, so in reality these things happen all the time, and not just for the Patriots (look up Patriots vs. Bills Nov.23, 2015). It happens to everyone!

It is true. This happens all of the time, both for good and ill, to all teams. Hell, in the Vikings/Saints game, Diggs was running down the field holding on the to the defensive backs wrist, and the defensive back got called for pass interference - and he was the one being interfered with. You can watch pretty much every game and find some blown call.

If the refs are going to call things tight, I don't care - so long as the same standard is applied to both teams - That is, what they will call for holding is the same for both teams, what is considered a catch is consistent and applied to both teams, what is considered pass interference is consistent and applied to both teams.

I also wish they would go away with instant replay (in all sports)

Back
Top Bottom