Stretching the equinox truth?

Great finds!!! let them chew on that for awhile...trying to throw off on the NOX cause theres a few 600s in the classifieds....Woodbutcher buy the thing and give it a break. you were so impressed with the AT PRO at one time . This machine will impress you so much you will roll around on the ground like those garrett guys did on their t.v. show. BTW theres no telling what those guys would have found if they would have had one of these instead of a garrett...:shock: ill be posting that at some point. Keep in mind this is a small park that I and others have absolutely pounded for years and years.
cf5ddebbdf55a353144bf669473c73c9.jpg
ac6943f03265ee98a74af8711640d57a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hit a silver dime trifecta today in my local trashy park with my 800. Hit 7 wheat pennies as well. All targets were at least 6 inches deep and mixed in amongst trash. Except rosie dime was right next to a nail by sidewalk I have pounded. I literally followed my buddies footsteps while he was using is racer 2. He did not hit any of these targets. I am really starting to love this machine. And if you check my first few threads I was not impressed right away. I got a couple of the digs on camera even. I will be posting that at some point. Keep in mind this is a small park that I and others have absolutely pounded for years and years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice digs.
Nox is special, I know this much.

So let's see.
A manufacturer makes a detector and declares bbs tech.
Were they any good? Yep.
Same manufacture makes a detector and declares FBS tech.
Were they any good?
Yep
Same manufacturer makes a detector and declares FBS2 tech.
Were they any good?
Yep
Same manufacturer makes a detector and declares Multi IQ tech.
But this detector and tech doesn't seem to get the respect the previous did, why?
Is it any good?
Yep

Not to mention this same manufacturer leads the pack with multiple technologies with pulse inductive metal detectors.
You know the ones folks use to find the gold nuggets and even relic hunt with especially in higher mineral ground.

So to some multi IQ tech is the odd man(one) out it seems.
Quite the logic some here have.

And to think, I didn't have to stretch the truth one iota here.

I would say the success of the Equinox depends on how it stacks up against the Impact or Kruzer--other new, wireless, fast, mid-priced machines that do well in trashy environments.

Hit a silver dime trifecta today in my local trashy park with my 800. Hit 7 wheat pennies as well. All targets were at least 6 inches deep and mixed in amongst trash. Except rosie dime was right next to a nail by sidewalk I have pounded. I literally followed my buddies footsteps while he was using is racer 2. He did not hit any of these targets. I am really starting to love this machine. And if you check my first few threads I was not impressed right away. I got a couple of the digs on camera even. I will be posting that at some point. Keep in mind this is a small park that I and others have absolutely pounded for years and years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Awesome job! How were the id’s on the coins???

Awesome job! How were the id’s on the coins???

Thanks! Pretty solid actually considering they were very deep. They would bounce around a little but they were solid enough to make me stop and investigate further. Then I could wiggle the coil and get pretty solid numbers. All of them except the rosie were at least 6 inches and the barber was closer to 10 inches. I posted the video up in the coinshooters forum you can check it out. Of coarse I didn't get all of the coins on live digs. That would be way to lucky lol. Usually I dig copper wire or bottle caps when I am trying to do a live dig.

Ok so question for folks here with some experience. I have an ATP that I use when I go out, which doesn't seem to be too often.

I was going to buy a Nox so I had a machine that could handle the salt because we spend a lot of time there and the ATP cant hang.

I read the specs and differences but is the 600 good enough or should I hold out for the 800?

Thanks and I appreciate those posting reviews and thoughts.....it really helps us rookies

IMO if your not hunting nail beds or a gold field the 600 is fine but it doesn't have wireless phones with it..

IMO if your not hunting nail beds or a gold field the 600 is fine but it doesn't have wireless phones with it..

Thanks. There are some old home sites that are pretty trashy but I'm fine just going elsewhere when the iron beats me down.

The ability to hunt salt is really the driver for me.

Heck, I still want to see the NoX on it's highest speed settingagainst the Kruzer on 3-tones, 89 sens. or lower. Let's get real before I hear another "NoX is the fastest!"

Why, oh why, have we not seen this yet?

Let's see if I can stretch the truth some more here.

I got an 11" deep nickel.
Etrac, no cigar with any settings, nickel invisible other than the fact threshold drops out, stock coil.

Nokta Impact stock coil Notta, tried all disc modes high gain. Generals d mode I can hear, but I can't tell from a nail.
Deus 11" LF coil, deep program only hits and detecfor must be slowed down takes reactivity 2 to hit 12khz. 18kha hits but barely.

Nox Multi freq park 2 speed 7 hits the nickel. Speed 6 is better.

Some folks who have been reading my posting about Nox.

Until I see evidence showing different.
Nox is the fastest and while fastest is the deepest VLF detector out there maybe.
So a person can be sweeping around with lightning speed, giving detector chance to eye some more mask nonferrous, while at the same time, a Nox user is not selling out the farm in being able to detect some deeper stuff also. Nox seems to be able to while using speed 7 to ID coin sized targets in my area's soil good down to about 9" deep. Maybe a tad less., Nickels a bit deeper than 9" deep.

Nox crushes Deus here 11" coil to 11" coil here on the above. Based on first and accounts me using and testing.
And in medium mineralized soil too.
If any masker is near, especially ferrous, Deus ID gets compromised badly, not like solo sitting nonferrous are ID well if deeper than 7"anyway.
Nox here thrives a lot more when these situations with nonferrous targets afford themselves.
This is really one of the main reasons I have stated. Nox sits very high (could be in pole position) in food chain for cherry picking targets out of other nonferrous and yes even iron.
One might not believe this.
But believe me, seeing is believing.

Poster Rattlehead seen the above too.
I suspect he read what I was saying, and yes had his doubts(who wouldn't) lol, but he saw first hand using his unit.
Now this don't always happen on every nonferrous target detected in iron, but seems to happen a relatively high percentage of time.
Example.
On head to head. Deus wearing both 9" and 11" LF coils vs Nox on Nox located suspects nonferrous targets.
Deus with all settings I could think of, no signal telling me period a nonferrous target existed. (Area is polluted). Nox not only struck the targets but provided accurate ID to boot. Was verified with air testing targets after recovery. For this to happen though using Nox, multi freq use required. Or at least has been every single time I have witnessed the above doing head to head Nox vs Deus on head to head Nox located suspect targets in the wild. Target sized varied here when this was witnessed to real small to coin sized targets too.

Wonder what folks would have thought if Minelab themselves would have spilled the beans on this above?

Last edited:
I would say the success of the Equinox depends on how it stacks up against the Impact or Kruzer--other new, wireless, fast, mid-priced machines that do well in trashy environments.

You want to compare the Kruzer to the Equinox?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I know a guy that bought the Kruzer his impression of it was, it is a piece of JUNK trash magnet.

The Impact is not what I would call mid priced.

Amazon is all over the news with fake reviews,people actually getting paid to give 5 star review.As for Minelab,they had trolls doing this for years.But,I’ll be the first to say Minelab does make a very good machine.
Last week I was ready to buy a nox.I still am but a little hesitant again.Reason being,Ive saw at least 5 different nox 600 machines for sale used in the 5 to 600 dollar range,and although some sold ,some haven’t.and nobody jumped on the ones that sold,took a day or 2.
So,I know the 800 is on backorder,,and I also know from reading there’s not worlds of difference between the 600 and 800,,more of a difference for a relic hunter than a coinshooter.
I’m guessing the jury is still out as far as a lot of people are concerned,buyers that is.It just makes me wonder why,and just maybe it’s not worth giving up machines that people are already comfortable with,the gain could be minimal at best.
I see the nox as a good unmasker in iron.Ocassionally I run into some iron,mostly bigger iron.I don’t hunt nail riddled sites,so no need for a machine that does great on a nail test.
I just don’t know,I like Minelab and want to give them the benefit of the doubt.I have the 705 with a few good coils,and it works great.Its a toss up now between a Etrac or a nox for my next purchase,I Guess it’s the unknowns that are stopping me from buying a nox,and the unknowns about the nox that’s stopping me from buying a Etrac.lol.
Before the Equinox came out I was going to buy a used Exploer/e trac / safari. Glad I didnt. The weight would kill my arm. I saw it as a chance to own a deep machine that unmasks superbly and works in saltwater to boot!
I bet the dual numbers on fbs is better to Id but I think the single number works pretty nice on the Nox.

I just took my deus back over the bob cat site I hit with the nox pulled a few I missed with it. I think both machines will compliment each other well...

I just took my deus back over the bob cat site I hit with the nox pulled a few I missed with it. I think both machines will compliment each other well...

Xp should be saying, thank god for their their HF coils.
Remember when Nox in engineering /design at first anyway, HF coils for Deus didn't exist.
But using HF coils in modern trash site, using freqs of 28.--74khz. Good luck!!
Cause a lot of things will read 87-98 in the meter.
Been there and done that.
Remember no vdi normalization allowed on HF coils (Deus).
Xp should have opted if feasible to allow operator to normalize to 14.4khz on the HF coils.

Btw, I give credit where credit is due.
Deus equipped with elliptical HF coil is very dangerous setup in my soil.
It will hit the 11" deep nickel above and don't take deep program to do either.
It won't hit my 9" deep clad dime though, even using deep program.
Deus and elliptical HF coil, mine ain't going anywhere.

Last edited:
I'm using both machines setup just to alert to non ferrous in iron...Thet are both great and think you can go behind either and find stuff missed with the other in iron. The 6 inch coil will be interesting to say the least.

I need to take a peek at Aka Signum MFD.
And see where it stands here.
Might try one.
Here it is deep, I know it can be run fast.
Don't know how the 2 mix here though.

Back
Top Bottom