Eurotek Pro finds bullet that CTX3030 couldn't hear

pine3874

Elite Member
Was out with my hunting buddy yesterday and I got a VDI of 77 on my ETP with a very loud audio signal. I asked him to check it with his CTX and he couldn't hear anything or get any VDI reading. He was hunting in default coin program on the CTX. Even with the screen wide open....nothing. I dug the target and at about 6-7" out came the Enfield bullet. Out of the hole, he was only able to raise the 11" coil about 5" until the target disappeared. Neither of us know how to explain this????

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 304
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 277
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Oh snap! That etp is hanging with the big boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Eurotek pro is a really good machine for unmasking,and it’s preset positive so it hits nickels and lower conductors nice,even at 7 .8 kHz..

I think Pine is asking more of a question on technical terms as to what was going on with the CTX where it couldn’t see a target that clearly should have been visible,and then to struggle with it even when dug. With a truly wide open screen the only possibility is that he had the sensitivity turned down very low in Manual,or,perhaps a negative Auto Sensitivity setting. Have him check, recheck,then check again and confirm it’s correct for the conditions. Whatever it is,it’s a setting issue. Check Volume Gain as well...

I think Pine is asking more of a question on technical terms as to what was going on with the CTX where it couldn’t see a target that clearly should have been visible,and then to struggle with it even when dug. With a truly wide open screen the only possibility is that he had the sensitivity turned down very low in Manual,or,perhaps a negative Auto Sensitivity setting. Have him check, recheck,then check again and confirm it’s correct for the conditions. Whatever it is,it’s a setting issue. Check Volume Gain as well...

Yes that is exactly what I am trying to find out. It just doesn't make any sense that the CTX couldn't detect that bullet at more than 5". Thank you!

Plain and simple he was running the wrong set up on the CTX for the conditions. Sensitivity volume adjustment and other things go into play.

Back
Top Bottom