Luck of the Irish a Day Early - A Beauty With Sparklies!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
The sky has been a gorgeous blue and the surf has been calm for the last couple of days. I’ve been itching to get out before it got rough again. I had decided Thursday that I would go out on Friday for the 2:45 pm low tide. I was going to take the Sand Shark for a spin since I hadn’t taken it out in quite a long time. I was going to go after the thick gold chain that I mentioned a few hunts ago that was told to me by the tourist that lost it on South Beach. I wasn’t able to find it with Merlin at that time and wanted to give it a go with my pulse machine. I turned on the SS and it seemed good to go! I checked my surf app and it indicated “FLAT” conditions for tomorrow. In the morning, I loaded up all my gear and took it school. I asked the boss to leave early after last lunch if things were calm (around 1 pm) and he gave me the green light.

When I walked out onto the beach it was just unbelievable perfect weather! Beautiful blue skies, nice very light surf and throngs of Spring Breakers!! :sun: I was in the water and hunting just after 1:30 pm. I noticed another pirate about 200 yards just north of me. Within 5 minutes I got my 1st target - a junk ear ring. Within a minute after that I noticed a problem with the Sand Shark. :?: It was working and making noise, but would only pick up the scoop after nearly touching it. I tried all the settings before realizing that I probably should’ve charged the Double A batteries at some point during the week since they hadn’t been charged in over a year. I felt like an IDIOT knowing I had just wasted a beautiful opportunity, especially after asking the boss to leave early. :roll: There was just no way I was going to go home, grab the Excal and come back as traffic was terrible to get onto MB. As I’m walking to my car I decided that I am not going to let this beautiful day go to waste. I rushed home, took a shot of espresso, dropped off the SS, got Merlin and went to my regular beach. I would have lower chances at finding gold but at least I would be able to salvage a hunt and a beautiful day. :yes:

I initially spent about half of my 3 hour hunt working off shore with few targets. I started to bring it in back closer to shore. The last hour I spent working near shore getting PT’s and occasional coins. The Wheatie that looked like was a recently came early at this point. I then reached a non-descript patch where the coins I was getting were caked. At some point, I picked up a key and shortly afterwards a sinker and I’m thinking these are “good signs” but dismissed them. Just around this time, I’m thinking to myself “I can’t f**king believe I did this today”, and right then comes up the scoop with a beautiful, heavy little GOLD RING! :dingding: I notice that it has diamonds and started laughing! I just couldn’t believe the coincidence of what I had been thinking at the exact moment that I pulled that ring up. I had planned on going for 4 hours but decided I was done and happy and headed home about 15 minutes later so that I could have a couple of celebratory glasses of wine. :wine2: At home, I examine the ring and it weighs 6.2 grs. and though unmarked, passes the 18K acid test with flying colors and the diamonds test good! :good: (The 22K acid takes a bit but it dissolves). Well fellow pirates, that’s the story. If I can, I will head out Sunday afternoon with the Shark again and try to pick up where I left off.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! :cheers:

Attachments

• 3-16-18.jpg
    3-16-18.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 551
  • 3-16-18 Ring.jpg
    3-16-18 Ring.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 526
  • 3-16-18 Wheatie (2).jpg
    3-16-18 Wheatie (2).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 541
  • 3-16-18 Wheatie (1).jpg
    3-16-18 Wheatie (1).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 541
  • 3-16-18 Fits.jpg
    3-16-18 Fits.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 533
  • 3-16-18 Wife.jpg
    3-16-18 Wife.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 524
3 different diamond shapes.. hi k gold. Huge congrats. I wouldn't be surprised to see that big diamond test as high quality. Any estimates on the size?
Wine must have gone down real smooth today

We don't share nice finds with the "other" being who lives in the house :D Nice gold find though... only ones I show are the ones that are broken or ugly :yes:

Beautiful ring congrats! :cool:
Don't ya love it when a plan goes south and then plan B pays off?

Always have plan B in mind.... and in this case, it paid of nicely!!!! Hopefully the throngs of spring breakers will leave you some other nice finds.

BCD

Back
Top Bottom