End of the Earth..Team Hunt.

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Got an invite from Forum Brother Yooper69 to come up and do a NoX runNGun in the Keewenaw ...
Multiple disciplines were employed...

We Hunted: Coinstar, Curbstrips, Schools, Beach and Water, Boatramps, Parks, Gravel roads, Private yards, took his boat to some old water in front of lakefront places, even eyehunting in and out of gas stations to see if we could find a penny or two...I mean we were solid hunting for anything! No TV, No Internet distractions, just solid hunting!

It was something!...I have to make about 6 posts to cover it all! We Hunted NonStop and found:

Old Silver, Wheaties, Tokens, Float Copper, New Private yard Permissions..What an Experience! Had the best bacon Cheeseburger of my Life at a little ChokeNpuke diner right along one curbstrip after the Yoop pulled that no date Stander!

At night, we'd make a fire, knock back a few and sit up talking late...About Life and Detecting and Finds and Nox's and such...The glowing embers in front and the Milky Way overhead for mood lighting.....Big Owls hooting in agreement as a witness of Hunters...

Damndest sensory overload I will try to compress into some lucid and coherently informative and entertaining posts for overall Forum enjoyment......

I dont know if I can do it justice though...

This is generally a Solitary Sport....We always say, "The real treasure is in the Hunt"...I never really got that line there?...I dont want to Hunt, I want to find!

After this trip, I'm thinking that line holds some merit...the real treasure is being in the Fellowship of Hunters AND finding stuff..let alone the strange experiences along the way!

One guy at a Quicky Mart tried to sell us a bundle of generic campfire wood for $7.50!..I'm like damn! WTH? Delivered? Elvis comes and lights it with a gold plated Zippo? What is this stuff? Bubinga? Spalted Elm? Ebony? Birds Eye Maple? Is it like a whole years supply of magical fire wood compressed or something, like Port Orford cedar arrow shafts?? Stradivarious? laughing:.

Yoop said, "since its the end of the season, Hows about I get two bundles for the price of one?" Guys says, "If you try to take two bundles, I'll have to call the cops!" Like really? "Good! You are the one trying to rip me off!"

"Hows about if I pay you for one and take two, you call the cops, and then I beat you to death with this mop handle and sit in the beer cooler drinking for a little waiting for them to show up so I can explain myself? Would that be OK?":laughing::laughing:

You know the cops would be on our side...Nobody would ever buy a bundle of gas station firewood for $7.50! Unless at the North Pole or some damn where, not in the UP, about the treeiest place on Earth..

Attachments

• upnorthmike-2.jpg
    upnorthmike-2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 208
  • upnorthmike.jpg
    upnorthmike.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 186
  • upnorthmike-1.jpg
    upnorthmike-1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 184
  • upnorthsilver.jpg
    upnorthsilver.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
John, Sounds like great times to me !! Cant ask for a better weekend. The NOX is a fantastic machine. Especially if you are beach or water hunting. I switch back and forth between the Nox and At Pro...Nice to have choices depending on where one hunts. Continued success to you....HH :yes:

John, Sounds like great times to me !! Cant ask for a better weekend. The NOX is a fantastic machine. Especially if you are beach or water hunting. I switch back and forth between the Nox and At Pro...Nice to have choices depending on where one hunts. Continued success to you....HH :yes:

I did the same thing! I know how the AtPro behaves, am comfortable with it, so I used it a bit in the water to see what I was dealing with...gotta say the NOX holds an edge on account of its multifreak and unmasking..especially up in this hot area full of copper...I was running in either Beach 1 or Park 1 with 50 tones...

Me and Yooper were doing curbstrips, going through these old sleepy neighborhoods without using the headphones, him on one side of the street and me on the other...It sounded like a Tutty Fruity Flutey NOX 800 Ice cream man!

Folks be coming out of they houses to see what the caliope hubbub was all about! Wanting to buy a Chocolate eclair or an Eskimo Pie! :laughing: It was surreal! That whole area up there? Major geological cataclysm! The history of the place dating back to the mid 1800's in the heavy populated Mining town days...Definitely worth a bit of research regarding...

Ben Franklin told Congress to draw the US border lines based upon this copper rich Keewenaw area...

Even did the strips alongside the 'oldest concrete street' in the entire State of Michigan! Frigging chunks of natural copper everywhere! Like trying to hunt in a dumpster! Boy did I have some Fun! Sens set at 2 and highflying the coil 2 feet off the deck!! I found copper float with my rig turned off! Lookat the size of this Monster!

It was a once in a Lifetime opportunity to go hunt with a guy that knows the territory...thanks to the generosity of the Yooper, me and the Wife had one of the best get aways of our Life!...I'm buying this cabin! Its got a flip top Man cave basement even! :laughing:

Attachments

• upnorthpam-1.jpg
    upnorthpam-1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 142
  • upnorthpam.jpg
    upnorthpam.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 142
  • upnorth.jpg
    upnorth.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 136
Great shots of you, the wife and Yooper. It sounds to have been an incredible adventure for the three of you John. Congrats on adding another fantastic and very colorful experience and then sharing it with all of us. It is greatly appreciated. Trapper

Looks like two Mud built scoops in that one picture?

Are there two in existence?

<°)))>{

Hay Mudlabber!
We are heading to the UP in a week.
We should leave our detectors home :yes?
After 2 lab 800 s we won’t find anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom