Anyone Know What Happened To The Videos?

CyberSage

Elite Member
All the videos in all of mine, and other forum members's past post no longer work. I found a brief announcement but no explanation. Anyone know what is going on? This really messed up a lot of great post.

Jack

Jack,

There was a big security risk with VB in continuing to allow html in posts so html code has been disabled. Sorry about the inconvenience but we don't want to run the risk of getting hacked again.

So are you saying there are no more videos allowed? No detecting videos?

Jack,

There was a big security risk with VB in continuing to allow html in posts so html code has been disabled. Sorry about the inconvenience but we don't want to run the risk of getting hacked again.

I spent a lot of time and effort in my post and I am not happy about them being trashed. I guess it really does not matter. I am out of this place. Please delete my account. Feel free to keep what's left of my post on line.

Goodbye and good luck.

IMHO, I think you got to be pretty thin-skinned to jump ship cause of stuff (videos) getting deleted and such. Sure it took a lot of work and something you was proud to show. But if there is a chance of a system failure or hacking, why risk it. I am sure there are ways around it. Some of my funniest one-liners have been deleted, but I didn,t go crazy. I remember well when it was hacked. That was one huge mess. I guess we cant all be Cecille B. Demille. Hope Jack comes back when he cools off a bit. If not, we will all survive, I reckon.

I spent a lot of time and effort in my post and I am not happy about them being trashed. I guess it really does not matter. I am out of this place. Please delete my account. Feel free to keep what's left of my post on line.

Goodbye and good luck.

I wish we lived in a perfect world without spam and hackers.
I didn't do it just to piss people off Jack, I'm sorry if you felt that way.

Besides, I offered you the ability to edit your posts when you asked but you declined.
There is no security risk in letting people edit their posts, its just when they get upset at someone or something and want to delete all their posts, which screws up the threads they have started.

So are you saying there are no more videos allowed? No detecting videos?

Snowy, the vids are allowed you just have to use bb code instead of html.
Just like posting an external image or a url. You will see a new youtube button in the toolbar.

Is there a similar reason I can no longer link my pics from Google Picasa? I noticed the last few times I tried to "embed" the pic, it would not work. I can't figure out why?? Thought this thread might be a good place to ask? I just used links for now, but like embedded pics better.

Thanks,
Jim

Is there a similar reason I can no longer link my pics from Google Picasa? I noticed the last few times I tried to "embed" the pic, it would not work. I can't figure out why?? Thought this thread might be a good place to ask? I just used links for now, but like embedded pics better.

Thanks,
Jim

There is an option to post images that are hosted externally. There is an icon that looks like an image in the toolbar, (the mountains and sun). You click it and put your image url in there.

Everybody can help us out here.

If you see a video that needs relinking, send me a PM! :D

Here's the new way to link a video, in your editor click this little button... Then paste the code in there... or highlight the code... then click the button. Simple!

youtube-tags.jpg

There is an option to post images that are hosted externally. There is an icon that looks like an image in the toolbar, (the mountains and sun). You click it and put your image url in there.

Yes, I used this many times, but now it will not work?? Maybe something diffrent on the end of Google, Picassa......

Yes, I used this many times, but now it will not work?? Maybe something diffrent on the end of Google, Picassa......

Could you point me to a thread where it doesn't work and I will try to find a solution.

Stang... I went to a link in your post mercinstone and I copied it and put it on my desk top then added it (picture) to your thread as a test before deleting it and it worked just fine for me...

Say it again.

Huh? :?:

Stang posted a link in one of his threads... I clicked on his link to see the picture and I right clicked on his picture saving it to my desktop and then I clicked on his thread and did a test post and uploaded the picture just fine... is that easier to understand now Randy? ;) Pardon my ADD :)

Back
Top Bottom