2011 "you name it" treasure hunt contest

Kansas Dave

Diggin' It With Friends
Forum Supporter
Contest is over! Thank you for entering!

Happy New Year FMDF!
The end of 2010 brought us a lot of great contests here at the forum and they were a lot of fun to enter. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that created them and to all of you who participated in them. Thank you! So, with the start of the new year. We have yet another contest to for you enter. This spring the F.M.D.F. Kansas Hunters & Missouri Hunters Social Groups will be holding their third annual ...... I don't know..........."You name it" Treasure Hunt. This year It's up to you guys to come up with a name for our annual treasure hunt.
As most of you are aware, last years second annual event name was F.M.D.F. "Mo-Kan Hot" Treasure Hunt. However, do to circumstances beyond our control, that event name will no longer be used by us for any of our future hunts. For this contest, we will be accepting event names for our annual hunt from the members of the forum that have fifty or more posts. Each of those members, may submit only one or up to a total of three event names. When the submission period is over, the selected judge/judges will choose the name that will be used for all of our upcoming annual treasure hunts.

The winner of the "you name it" treasure hunt competition will receive:
A 1 7/8" inch round custom made proof-like coin that is minted in MerlinGold,® a proprietary brass alloy that simulates the look and feel of gold. This proof-like coin will be engraved with the winning event name, along with your given name or your user name. Winners choice! The winning coin will be sent out with a clear lucite capsule to protect it and a leatherette presentation box.

1. There really isn't any limit as to the types of treasure hunt event names that you can come up with or the amount of words used, the only exception is that it must be a "family friendly" event name (meaning no swears or other explicit adult innuendos).

2. This is a simple fill in the blank type contest. F.M.D.F. " Diggin' It With Friends" Treasure Hunt.

3. Only registered F.M.D.F. (Friendly Metal Detecting Forum) members with fifty or more posts are eligible to enter this contest.

4. If you submit more than three event name entries, it will result in a disqualification of all your entries.

Your contest entries will only be accepted at [email protected] Please be sure to include only the following information in your e-mail. Your user name, your real name and an e-mail address that you can be reached at, along with your contest entries. Your e-mail submission must be titled: You name it treasure hunt contest.

The deadline to enter the contest will be by the end of the day (PST) on Sunday, January 16th 2011.

Thank you for taking the time to enter our "You name it" treasure hunt contest, good luck!

I found it! and I didn't have to click the giant button! :lol:

Great idea Dave! :waytogo:

After much debate rule number 5. Do not post any entry names or ideas for entry names in this thread. If you do post, your entry/entries will be disqualified. No exceptions! Has been removed! Post, Discuss and have fun with this! :grin:

After much debate rule number 5. Do not post any entry names or ideas for entry names in this thread. If you do post, your entry/entries will be disqualified. No exceptions! Has been removed! Post, Discuss and have fun with this! :grin:

My suggestion is a play on words of a famous quote by the Cyrus character in the 1979 cult classic "The Warriors". Any guesses what my suggestion is?

Hint: It would help if you knew college football.

Will you still accept the ones already sent via email? Or do we need to re-post on the board?

If you want to post name ideas or post the names that you submitted on the board feel free to do so. If you want to try to win the contest you must send your suggestions in via email.

Back
Top Bottom