• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

**1856 Seated Qtr..Fatty...LC..and more!!**

Nooberz

Last night I was remembering that I recently got permission for a few thousand acres of land. So I hit the auditors website and old maps to see if any of his land had any other sites I could hit today. I found 2 houses across the street from each other on the 1871 map but gone on the 1887. Since I new these places weren't going to give up anything new I hit them up this morning. The first site was easy to find and I ended up finding some buttons, a nice 1863 Fatty Indian...and a 1849 LC. When I was walking out I seen the point and the broken point. I will walk that field in the spring for sure.

The second house was a mile off the road and a pain to find. Once I found it I got a couple buttons and a rusted butt plate. About 30 minutes into the hunt I got a screaming quarter signal at 2 inches. It ended up being a beautiful 1856 Seated Liberty Quarter. My second seated so far this season. Once I got home I realized it had a crust on it. From the looks, it was in a fire. It has great details underneath the !!!!. I got it off the best I could. That puts me at 7 Indians and 9 Silver so far this year. HH if you can get out!

Attachments

• DSC_02261.jpg
    DSC_02261.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 909
  • DSC_02371.jpg
    DSC_02371.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 900
  • DSC_02401.jpg
    DSC_02401.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 906
  • DSC_02441.jpg
    DSC_02441.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 903
  • DSC_02491.jpg
    DSC_02491.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 879
awesome day Kyle, ur lucky to get out, we got snow last nite and 30 MPH winds here! Great finds for sure! I liked the video too!

Love the seated. Looks like you have a great area to hunt. Congrats on the finds.

Excellent finds, congrats to you! It's amazing to even be out at all this time of year much less making great finds like you did! Good luck on future hunts at those sites and more research on others in that 1000 acres!

Back
Top Bottom