Finally! Found first Nickel!

Good job on hoisting up the nickel. That is an important find for many of us because we tend to dismiss that range on certain machines. You are on a good path and will find many awesome coins and relics!

Good job on hoisting up the nickel. That is an important find for many of us because we tend to dismiss that range on certain machines. You are on a good path and will find many awesome coins and relics!

Good comment, Danny.
I have found a lot of common artifacts and some good relics by letting the nickel range in. Much has to do with the "trash suite" of a site, what is actually in the ground. This you learn by being there. But once you do that,

Remember:
If it signals clear and repeatable on discriminate, if it's concise and defined, etc.... Recover it.
If it does these things or hints at it, AND ITS 4" DEEP or more.... Recover it.

On the CTX I have found around 30 different pieces oh gold and they came in all over the vdi from 12-01 to 12-34 so dig it all! The majority came in over the nickel range

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

On the CTX I have found around 30 different pieces oh gold and they came in all over the vdi from 12-01 to 12-34 so dig it all! The majority came in over the nickel range

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

That's about right - small gold usually comes in as high foil through low tabs.
What most people with precision ID units like that Minelab of yours wait for, is a dead on nickle number. The old folklore that says, "nickel = gold" still misleads them into missing items either side of that singular coin.
The bottom line is, if it's repeatable and doesn't fade out, you need to investigate.

Back
Top Bottom