Still a newby

xsertcop

I just got my MD for Christmas and I have gone out 4 times and the attached photo is what I have discovered so far. I know it's not much compared to some of you and I know I will never get rich doing this, but the fun is just finding things of value.

Attachments

• IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 256
Welcome aboard. It's a great hobby and your right lots of fun and some good exercise. Looks like you are off to a pretty good start. With more time and experience it will even get better. Jack

I just got my MD for Christmas and I have gone out 4 times and the attached photo is what I have discovered so far. I know it's not much compared to some of you and I know I will never get rich doing this, but the fun is just finding things of value.

Nice start. For myself, finding the silvers is all about location. The obvious public areas are picked clean of silver. Still tons of clad and some jewelry... but the silver has been gone for 20 years. Don't under estimate just how cleaned out an area can be.

When I get creative, do some homework... and maybe some hiking. That's where I find the silver.

My 1st real find!

Well its been a few months since my 1st post. I have gone out a few times but on Friday I MD'd a local park here in Bakersfield. At 1st found the usual coin but a lot of quarters. Then I found a mickey mouse charm and an old kids ring. A little later I found a ring with a diamond in it (fake) It did make my heart jump when I 1st found it! I went back to the park today and started finding coin. Then I found a diamond and silver ear ring stud! That was cool. Then a little later found my 1st real ring! And then I found a second gold ring with diamond enlay. Towards the end of my search I found a Navy Sea Bee coin. I've tried researching it online but havent found anything yet. Any suggestings would be appreciated. And just for giggles I have included a pic of all of my finds to date. Thanks for all of the words of encouragement you guys gave me!

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 115
Seabees Can Do!! :D

That is a "Battalion Coin" from MCB 3. Not sure if issued to members of the battalion or something that could be purchased at the PX. Very cool find in my book! :cool:

Congrats and keep at it, and your right , and you just never know what lays beneath your feet . HH your doing great .

Back
Top Bottom