• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New Jacket

CTKidd

Elite Member
I found this jacket at Dicks for $29. Its made for kayaking. its got closures for the wrists, neck and a heavy elastic band for the waist. It is wind proof and water resistant. It also has a large mesh pocket on the chest and a small mesh pocket on the arm both with zipper closures. I have used it the last two times I went in the water here in connecticut and it helped keep me very warm and has a nice spot to toss finds. Thought I would share.

IMG_20101206_193837.jpg

Good luck,
CTKidd

I may have to go git me one of those...Thanks Kidd...(in the photo, is your detector in the shower ???):?:

I may have to go git me one of those...Thanks Kidd...(in the photo, is your detector in the shower ???):?:

HAHAHAH Yes. just got back from the beach. I wash my detector off after each spin in the salt water. The hose is frozen and the water coming out of the outside spigot is just to friggin cold, so I used the shower. You can see my scoop handle on the left side too...LOL.

I have several of those for various fishing situations. Coupled with chest waders and you are golden at staying dry. Use the wader belt and you will be very good. Scott

Pretty cool jacket.

I woud recommend not putting your valuable finds in those mesh pockets for one reason and one reason only:

Any person can walk up to you and ask what you have found. If they see gold and diamonds in your pocket, they may insist that it's theirs. Eventually you will end up losing it to them when they get the cops involved. There are stories of this happening here in the forum.

I never show my loot to a stranger. I show them the trash but not the loot. I have two pockets in my pouch. One is obvious to an onlooker but the one where the good stuff goes is hidden behind the front one.

Just my 2 cents.

Coolwhips :cool:

Whippy, I have had a similar pouch with the screen mesh. The way I fixed it was to get an old black plastic binder and cut out the shape of the pouch and insert it into the pouch. The good stuff goes behind the the plastic and the garbage goes in front.

Gerry

Any time anyone asks me if I've found anything I just say trash and move on. They lose interest and you can keep detecting.

Back
Top Bottom