Equinox headphone jack

WildDigger

Elite Member
I don't know if this has been posted before but this is from the Equinox manual. Good to know but now where does the water come in from the few that have drowned in water.

Could be anywhere. My personal guess is the screen seal wasnt quite right. But i guess you could hit the jack and damage/crack the case. One mentioned it was an after market pair of phones from overseas he was using. I dont know if its possible...... but if the jack is to far back in the M12 and you tighten the connector to tight is it possible that might pull and crack the connector? He did mention his was allowing the speaker to come on and off once too. I highly doubt ML will tell us....... they will just replace the ones that do leak. As long as they dont start blaming us and refusing to repair them.

Dew

went diving with my 600, only 7ft for an hour but no problems, used a modded connector with waterproof earbuds under my hood, volume 25 and was able to hear fine, but my white waterproof headphones from California arrived today so look forward to getting them wet.

Could be anywhere. My personal guess is the screen seal wasnt quite right. But i guess you could hit the jack and damage/crack the case. One mentioned it was an after market pair of phones from overseas he was using. I dont know if its possible...... but if the jack is to far back in the M12 and you tighten the connector to tight is it possible that might pull and crack the connector? He did mention his was allowing the speaker to come on and off once too. I highly doubt ML will tell us....... they will just replace the ones that do leak. As long as they dont start blaming us and refusing to repair them.

Dew

I can say after making Equinox plugs, that its a slim line between working and not working. I think even after the stock phones get a bit of wear they might quit making contact. Also if you dont wash the threads off they start getting a crust wanting to develop.

Itsa........ like you i did a little plumbing ...... so my best friend is teflon tape on those threads. I must have dont the 3 pair i did ok....... no issues thus far. BUT..... i dont take mine on and off a lot just no need after i ensured they worked and NO water was getting in the jack. Mines in the water a LOT.

Back
Top Bottom