Digging Was Hard Today!

beephead

Elite Member
I haven't been detecting for around 2 weeks now, so I decided to give it a go today. The heat wasn't all that bad, but the ground was so hard in places that I gave up and left the target for another day. I did manage to unearth a 13.5 gram silver ring, a Rosie, a Mercury dime, 15 wheat pennies and some clad coins. I may not go back until it rains again. The ground is just way too dry and hard.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_2340.jpg
    IMG_2340.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_2341.jpg
    IMG_2341.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_2342.jpg
    IMG_2342.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_2343.jpg
    IMG_2343.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2344.jpg
    IMG_2344.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_2345.jpg
    IMG_2345.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_2346.jpg
    IMG_2346.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 429
The ground around here is just as hard but certainly doesn't give up finds like what you're showing.

I haven't been detecting for around 2 weeks now, so I decided to give it a go today. The heat wasn't all that bad, but the ground was so hard in places that I gave up and left the target for another day. I did manage to unearth a 13.5 gram silver ring, a Rosie, a Mercury dime, 15 wheat pennies and some clad coins. I may not go back until it rains again. The ground is just way too dry and hard.

beephead

yes the ground here in CT is like talcom powder soo very dry need rain badly

You had courage to go out.
The Mrs. had a three day weekend.
We had planned to have a detecting weekend, which we cancelled.
Not just the heat, but the ground is so dry and hard here in "rock and some clay North Central Arkansas," you feel like you need a jackhammer to make a plug.
Maybe one rain here in last six weeks.

For passing on a few targets Beep, you still came home with a great hunt. We have had the heat here but have been blessed with the rain so conditions are still pretty good. That is if you can hunt in a sauna. Trapper

That is a very nice haul of digs Beephead. The first pic of the ring shows a sky blue turquoise, but the other shots show it as more green. The natural high blue stuff has some better value. I like the little toy pistol and soldier, too.

The ground around here is just as hard but certainly doesn't give up finds like what you're showing.
Thanks! The wheat pennies kept me spurred on to do more digging.

Congrats on the silvers & silver turquoise ring, that is sweet my man. :wow:
Thanks! My wife really likes it a lot.

Nice going Beep, always look forward to your finds...and what detector your using!
Thanks! I got way too many detectors, but I enjoy using them all.

nice hunt congrats:D
Thanks!

yes the ground here in CT is like talcom powder soo very dry need rain badly
Our mostly clay soil is butter like when it's wet, but it's as hard as concrete when it's dry.

Congrats on a good hunt with some nice finds.
Bubbaron
Thanks!

The sand in NW Florida has certainly spoiled me. Excellent work!
Thanks! I know what you mean we have a few sandy soil areas around here.

You had courage to go out.
The Mrs. had a three day weekend.
We had planned to have a detecting weekend, which we cancelled.
Not just the heat, but the ground is so dry and hard here in "rock and some clay North Central Arkansas," you feel like you need a jackhammer to make a plug.
Maybe one rain here in last six weeks.
Dry hard ground and humid hot weather makes things hard.

For passing on a few targets Beep, you still came home with a great hunt. We have had the heat here but have been blessed with the rain so conditions are still pretty good. That is if you can hunt in a sauna. Trapper
Thanks! When you're over a deep target and you push on the hand trowel hard and it doesn't break the surface, you know it's time to move on. lol

That is a very nice haul of digs Beephead. The first pic of the ring shows a sky blue turquoise, but the other shots show it as more green. The natural high blue stuff has some better value. I like the little toy pistol and soldier, too.
Thanks! I'd say that it's more green than blue. I thought that I might have had a large silver coin under my search coil with the ID reading that I got.

Love the ring! Nice hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Nice finds!
Thanks!

Man Beep!!! That’s a heck of a ring! Not to shabby on the silvers too! Congrats!
Thanks! I'll do better when we get some rain and when it cools off some. Right now I'm doing a lot of cherry picking. I'll start finding a lot of interesting finds when I start swinging my Deeptech Smart Plus and Tesoro detectors. Maybe some more gold rings, old dog tags and neat tokens.

Nice turquoise ring and silver. Our ground is hard too.
Thanks! Hard ground sucks! lol

Ground is hard as a brick here... mostly clay,,, but finds like that would motivate me to dig anyway!
Thanks! I wouldn't have dug nearly as much, but finding a good target every once in awhile kept me going. I'm sore today.

beephead

You have found a lot of great rings over the years, gave us a look at them, that one there is another real beauty! You gonna wear it? Sell it? Very nice save Beep!

You have found a lot of great rings over the years, gave us a look at them, that one there is another real beauty! You gonna wear it? Sell it? Very nice save Beep!
Thanks! I'd would if the band wasn't broken and if it was a larger rings size. I have all of the rings that've found stored away by finds for each of the years that I detected except for the gold ones and they're in my safety deposit box at the bank. One day I'll take the time to get them all together in one shot. Just getting 251 silver coins that I found in one year in a group picture was a chore.

good pictures. Good play-by-plays.
Thanks! Things haven't been too exciting while out detecting here lately. No bit bull dog attacks etc..

beephead

Back
Top Bottom