First half dollar and some foreign coinage

Wayson

I went out again tonight after dinner to the tot lot that I last hit on the 4th. This time instead of running the AT Pro in Coin mode, I figured I was competent enough to have a go at Pro mode. Iron discrimination to 40, iron audio off, and awayyyy. I hit the surrounding grassy area as well because why not.

Results (shown here) were $3.35 in clad, a 50 Euro cent coin that almost gave me a heart attack when I dug it up and saw the gold color, a 200 peso coin from Columbia, and what I think is a Chinese yuan coin of some denomination. The high point was finding the Kennedy half lurking in a wood chip pile up against one of the larger metal poles of the play structure. It showed/sounded off as a strong solid 97, and even though I'd turned the sensitivity down very low and angled the detector as best I could, I still wasn't sure if it was a real target until I pulled it out.

The garbage is in upper left; that metal ring rang up exactly as a quarter, and when I first saw it I thought "sweet, silver ring." Not quite. :( All the jewelry/shiny things in top center is junk.

I included a Imgur link (https://imgur.com/a/GEI3bhP) in the post. Didn't attach it because the file's too large and because I've noticed that older posts tend to have the attachments vanish over time for whatever reason.

I went out again tonight after dinner to the tot lot that I last hit on the 4th. This time instead of running the AT Pro in Coin mode, I figured I was competent enough to have a go at Pro mode. Iron discrimination to 40, iron audio off, and awayyyy. I hit the surrounding grassy area as well because why not.

Results (shown here) were $3.35 in clad, a 50 Euro cent coin that almost gave me a heart attack when I dug it up and saw the gold color, a 200 peso coin from Columbia, and what I think is a Chinese yuan coin of some denomination. The high point was finding the Kennedy half lurking in a wood chip pile up against one of the larger metal poles of the play structure. It showed/sounded off as a strong solid 97, and even though I'd turned the sensitivity down very low and angled the detector as best I could, I still wasn't sure if it was a real target until I pulled it out.

The garbage is in upper left; that metal ring rang up exactly as a quarter, and when I first saw it I thought "sweet, silver ring." Not quite. :( All the jewelry/shiny things in top center is junk.

What do you usually do with all your finds? I feel like some of that stuff is really valuable!

congratz on your first 1/2. Albeit a clad Kennedy half. Pretty soon it will be Franklins. Then walkers. Then barbers. Then seateds. And within a few years: Any gold coin newer than 1900 will bore you. Welcome to the scene :)

That's a good looking hunt, Nice digging! I found my first Kennedy half recently too.
I showed it to my wife and her first question is always "How much is that worth"
I say well it's worth 50c but that's not what's so cool about it, what is cool about it is....
I was able to find it!
This really is a great hobby! Congrats on the finds!

I included a Imgur link (https://imgur.com/a/GEI3bhP) in the post. Didn't attach it because the file's too large and because I've noticed that older posts tend to have the attachments vanish over time for whatever reason.

I also use imgur for my pictures. Just insert the link in your post using the BBCode option when you're in your imgur album looking at the pic you want to post. When you select BBCode, just copy the link there and paste it here and it'll show up here.

Nice hunt !! Only thing better than a kennedy half is an Ike . ( in the clad hunting) the newer dollars are just too plentiful around here.

Back
Top Bottom