For Clad Hunters Only

diggin4clad

Elite Member
The 9 day heat wave finally broke so I was able to get out for a two and a half hour hunt before work. I hunted the perimeter of two baseball fields and came away with 42 coins worth $6.34. One of the Lincolns was a 1930 Wheatie in better than average shape. Clad doesn't excite too many hunters but at current prices it'll buy me 5 common date Mercury dimes to add to my "hoard".:money::money::money:

Attachments

• DSCN2384.jpg
    DSCN2384.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 504
  • DSCN2385.jpg
    DSCN2385.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 510
  • Image (34).jpg
    Image (34).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 483
Congrats on your finds. I'm like you, I love digging clads. I had a good clad hunt today also. HH and GL
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT CARROT PIN POINTER

The 9 day heat wave finally broke so I was able to get out for a two and a half hour hunt before work. I hunted the perimeter of two baseball fields and came away with 42 coins worth $6.34. One of the Lincolns was a 1930 Wheatie in better than average shape. Clad doesn't excite too many hunters but at current prices it'll buy me 5 common date Mercury dimes to add to my "hoard".:money::money::money:
id rather find clad then pull tabs ,it all adds up at the end, i've cashed in over 2000 dollars since 2015 ;)

Love it! Clad hunting keeps a guy right tight on the trail of the ever changing migrating habit herds of the Humans! We track Humans through Time! Its all good...a guy has to make pay on a day out no matter what...Silver, Gold, Clad, Cans, Cellphones, Bycatch...its what we do.... we are out hunting!

Folks were commonly dropping harmonicas, pocket knives and silver coins back 80yrs ago...now, its about cell phones, clad, and empty cans! Whens the last time you've seen anybody with a harmonica let alone a silver coin or a pocket knife!?:laughing:

Cell phones, clad, various brickabrak..gotta track and follow the herds for a Hyena to make it...

Last edited:
Love it! Clad hunting keeps a guy right tight on the trail of the ever changing migrating habit herds of the Humans! We track Humans through Time! Its all good...a guy has to make pay on a day out no matter what...Silver, Gold, Clad, Cans, Cellphones, Bycatch...its what we do.... we are out hunting!

Folks were commonly dropping harmonicas, pocket knives and silver coins back 80yrs ago...now, its about cell phones, clad, and empty cans! Whens the last time you've seen anybody with a harmonica let alone a silver coin or a pocket knife!?:laughing:

Cell phones, clad, various brickabrak..gotta track and follow the herds for a Hyena to make it...

I regularly have all 3 of those things in my pocket quite often, :lol: , i must be from 80 years ago

Congrats on your finds. I'm like you, I love digging clads. I had a good clad hunt today also. HH and GL
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT CARROT PIN POINTER

Thanks for the reply

id rather find clad then pull tabs ,it all adds up at the end, i've cashed in over 2000 dollars since 2015 ;)

Thanks and that's a nice clad total for you.

I'm a fellow clad hunter - excellent work!
Thanks

Yup, Clad works for me!
Money is money, including clad

I may chase Silver as a priority but I don't pass up the clad. Over $180 fty. Congrats on another very nice haul. Trapper
Thanks, any silver is a bonus but clad is very spendable

Nice hunt, i wish those dollar coins were really popular, always nice digging those.

I'd like to see One Dollar Bills eliminated so folks would have to use more Dollar Coins and of course lose them !

Congrats on the dollar coin....they are always a nice treat to find!

I usually get 8-10 each year but so far only two this year

The last time I saw anyone with a harmonica it was my father and he died in 1979

Looks like a pretty good hunt to me :)

A decent hunt and FUN which is what a hobby is supposed to be. Thanks

The wheat is in nice shape and that's a decent clad haul...congrats on a good hunt!
This wheat was in a spill of 10 coins totaling $1.04

darn str8 all that clad adds up well worth digging nice hunt :D
Thanks.....every year the clad finds are worth far more than the silver finds so i'll keep digging clad and take whatever silver I get along with it.

Nice clad haul, definitely worth digging for the silvers! :)
Any silver coins are a bonus. Thanks for the reply

Because of my limited time and poor locations, clad is what I find most often but the monetary value exceeds that of a couple of silver dimes or a small silver ring many times so no problem with clad. In addition, I prefer more finds in the limited time I have. I recently spent 4 hours hunting a very old site and came up with nothing. And that was in an open field and heat in the 90s. Give me a shady park and 15-20 clad coins any day.

You're right about clad...It pays for the equipment. $233 last month plus a few silver surprises including a Walker half, a '87 'silver' dollar and a 1904 Canadian dime plus wheaties and silver jewelry. At this rate, I'll have my new NOX paid for with clad by the end of the year. Now if I could just figure out how to find gold with it.:?: 'Til then...
Keep on diggin'. The clad is fine!

During the summer I am a beach hunter. Looking for gold and silver but I certainly do not turn my nose up at clad. It buys toys, gasoline and the occasional piece of silver.

During the winter after the crowds are gone I revert to a dirt fishing fool and again I appreciate the clad.

Mud I still carry a pocket knife every where I go (except where not allowed) as I feel naked without one in my pocket. Yes I am an old Phart that grew up with a pocket knife in my pocket. Cant remember when I did not have one

Back
Top Bottom